News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Please, Welcome the Humble, Fascinating and Brilliant Ron "SidewalkCynic" Martin

Started by SidewalkCynic, January 29, 2019, 04:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Quote from: SidewalkCynic on January 30, 2019, 03:57:13 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2019, 03:39:26 PM
Were you shipboard or ground based when you were working on F18s? I ask as Bluenose was a navigator on carrier based aircraft in the Australian navy.

I was shore/ground based in Florida in a squadron that trained pilots and ground crew. I went on aircraft carriers a few times for no more than two weeks when the pilots were training to land on the carrier.

I was an Observer in the RAN Fleet Air Arm for about 8 years, served in the Aussie carrier HMAS Melbourne on VS-816 squadron.  I flew as a sensor operator in Grumman S-2G Tracker aircraft.  Nothing compares to being shot off the front by the steam catapult and then landing back on and catching a wire.  If you were not scared, you simply did not understand what was going on...   BTW, my avatar is a photo I took by simply holding the camera up from No 3 seat when we were on finals circa 1980.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

SidewalkCynic

The character limit forces me to use my shortened name, but I'll do it since you insist.
If there were a god, then it would have revealed itself to me. There has never been anything more important in the history of Mankind than what I am delivering - scientific collation theory for the organization of technology.