Principal Proclivity: Procrastination Problem Persists

Started by xSilverPhinx, November 18, 2018, 08:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 19, 2020, 09:26:07 PM

And I have things I haven't been doing for months that will probably take two minutes...
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

My procrastination index is at an all time low what with retirement and lockdown. I am actively looking for trivial things to do!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on April 20, 2020, 06:50:13 PM
My procrastination index is at an all time low what with retirement and lockdown. I am actively looking for trivial things to do!

Oh dear, it seems you've been bitten by the Restless Proactionation bug. This can be serious...very serious indeed.  :headshake: At its worst, it can manifest in both mental (Restless Mind) and physical (Restless Body) symptoms and, before you know it, you're stuck in some frantic creative pursuit such as manually labeling everything in your house with names such as:

Coffee pot: Magic Pixie Dust Vial
Fridge: Winter Dispenser
Cellphone: Cordless Tin Can Phone
Garlic Storage Canister: Vampire Repellent

...and so on...

:sidesmile:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 20, 2020, 07:25:54 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 20, 2020, 06:50:13 PM

Oh dear, it seems you've been bitten by the Restless Proactionation bug. This can be serious...very serious indeed.  :headshake: At its worst, it can manifest in both mental (Restless Mind) and physical (Restless Body) symptoms and, before you know it, you're stuck in some frantic creative pursuit such as manually labeling everything in your house with names such as:

Coffee pot: Magic Pixie Dust Vial
Fridge: Winter Dispenser
Cellphone: Cordless Tin Can Phone
Garlic Storage Canister: Vampire Repellent

...and so on...

:sidesmile:

:grin:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

I've gotten to a point where my garage "shop" is organized to where I don't have to move something in order to do some wood working. Not a matter of procrastination so much as having "too much stuff". My wife collects antiques. If she dies before I do, I'll have someone knowledgeable come in and estimate the value, and sell them. The rest will be donated, and then the remainder will be put in a giant dumpster. I'm looking at about 60 cubic yards of gained space. A lot of what my wife collects (hoards) would be gotten rid of. :smilenod:

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 21, 2020, 03:12:35 AM
I've gotten to a point where my garage "shop" is organized to where I don't have to move something in order to do some wood working. Not a matter of procrastination so much as having "too much stuff". My wife collects antiques. If she dies before I do, I'll have someone knowledgeable come in and estimate the value, and sell them. The rest will be donated, and then the remainder will be put in a giant dumpster. I'm looking at about 60 cubic yards of gained space. A lot of what my wife collects (hoards) would be gotten rid of. :smilenod:

I now know what is in my garage! It's a nice feeling. And I too don't need to move shit to do shit. Heaven  :frolic:

No one

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on April 21, 2020, 06:53:44 AM
I now know what is in my garage! It's a nice feeling. And I too don't need to move shit to do shit. Heaven  :frolic:

i own five grease guns because four times ive needed to grease something and couldnt find it

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on April 21, 2020, 01:25:14 PM

i own five grease guns because four times ive needed to grease something and couldnt find it

Mine is sanding blocks. Every time I painted a vehicle over the last several years, I've had to buy a new one because I couldn't find the others. I now have 6 of them. At least I know where they all are now! Tank- that's a great feeling, isn't it? I'm not quite done, but getting close.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on April 21, 2020, 01:25:14 PM

I have two fret saws, two claw hammers, uncountable paint brushes and screwdrivers for the same reason. But the worst is paint scrapers, I have 7 paint scrappers FFS!

billy rubin

i once couldn't find my hacksaw. needed it, no way around it. looked all over the shop, finally said, shit, and went out and bought another one.

sawed whatever it was that needed sawing and said, all right, i'm sick of this. where can i put this hacksaw so that i will never lose it again? somep[lace in plain sight that i will see it often enough to klnow where it is, and ill never go through this goose chase again.

aha. i sadi, i'll put it on the nail on th eleft side of the door out of the hot room where i cant miss it and i will always know where it is.

so i took my hacksaw and went to the hot room and reached up to the nail . . .

. . . and my old hacksaw was hanging on it.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on April 21, 2020, 09:26:11 PM
i once couldn't find my hacksaw. needed it, no way around it. looked all over the shop, finally said, shit, and went out and bought another one.

sawed whatever it was that needed sawing and said, all right, i'm sick of this. where can i put this hacksaw so that i will never lose it again? somep[lace in plain sight that i will see it often enough to klnow where it is, and ill never go through this goose chase again.

aha. i sadi, i'll put it on the nail on th eleft side of the door out of the hot room where i cant miss it and i will always know where it is.

so i took my hacksaw and went to the hot room and reached up to the nail . . .

. . . and my old hacksaw was hanging on it.

I just knew where that was going LOL

billy rubin

you will never go wrong predicting that i will do stupid things.

No one