News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Netflix

Started by Tank, October 02, 2018, 10:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Friend wife watched Bridgerton and was pleased with it.  I carefully avoided it .  I figured it was a chick flick of the stuffy sort. 

She is now deep into the series; Reign.  She says that it is a bit bloody.

TheFightSong

Netflix comes across as a braincandy platform with no black comedy. The "comedians" on it recycle politically correct jokes by making seemingly newer ones through clever manipulation of words that are really just old.

"The Witcher" series on Netflix is a Hollywoodized joke considering its franchise progenitor, Andrzej Sapkowski, was much more imaginary and descriptive in the books. Characters were less wooden in the "Witcher" books, too.

I find only a very few shows on Netflix's platform to be worthwhile. Otherwise, it is a joke. It's why there are people pirating films and shows that get taken off its streaming service. Because they are tired of dealing with temporary access to specific movies or series.

Let me tell you why I am not a big Netflixer. Because I don't like big brother using his flawed algorithm to act like he knows me by suggesting shows or movies. It ruins my immersion as a consumer.

Tank

Quote from: TheFightSong on February 08, 2022, 03:32:11 PM

Let me tell you why I am not a big Netflixer. Because I don't like big brother using his flawed algorithm to act like he knows me by suggesting shows or movies. It ruins my immersion as a consumer.

I have created multiple genera users eg Sci Fi, Comedy, War, Anima etc. That way I can control the Netflix algorithm to suit myself.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: TheFightSong on February 08, 2022, 03:32:11 PM
Netflix comes across as a braincandy platform with no black comedy. The "comedians" on it recycle politically correct jokes by making seemingly newer ones through clever manipulation of words that are really just old.

"The Witcher" series on Netflix is a Hollywoodized joke considering its franchise progenitor, Andrzej Sapkowski, was much more imaginary and descriptive in the books. Characters were less wooden in the "Witcher" books, too.

I find only a very few shows on Netflix's platform to be worthwhile. Otherwise, it is a joke. It's why there are people pirating films and shows that get taken off its streaming service. Because they are tired of dealing with temporary access to specific movies or series.

Orwell does his thing with 1984, he creates his very scary concept of Big Brother.
They are doing things with language in his dystopia, denying you the words to form the thoughts to rebel.

The next person thinks the present day WWEYA (We Will Enslave You All) Cabal will be happy that "Big Brother" gets applied to stupid reality TV shows and the marketing techniques of entertainment providers. 

This isn't the next person thread.

Oh ye, right.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Anne D.

The Lost Daughter was a total downer but well done. I love Olivia Colman. The film is based on a book, and it felt like there were things that must've been in the book that they couldn't pack into the movie. Some story lines felt a little underdeveloped, but it was still a good watch.

Anne D.

Copenhagen Cowboy was great. Not sure I completely understood it, but the cinematography was gorgeous, and the characters were awesome. It had a fairy tale quality. I'll give most anything Nicolas Winding Refn does a go.