News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Netflix

Started by Tank, October 02, 2018, 10:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I now have 4 profiles on Netflix, comedy, Sc-fi, drama and documentary. I have now maxed out on everything so all Netflix ever appears to offer me is stuff I have already seen, or started to watch and don't want to finish! F***ing useless interface! They need a 'F**k off I'm not interested! option.  :f you: :f you: :f you:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bluenose

If there's one thing I hate with a passion is software that thinks it's smarter than I am.  I sometimes wish the writers of the algorithms used by Netflix and Facebook and the like would all just go and eff off!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Bluenose on October 03, 2018, 02:14:36 AM
If there's one thing I hate with a passion is software that thinks it's smarter than I am.  I sometimes wish the writers of the algorithms used by Netflix and Facebook and the like would all just go and eff off!
And they probably think they have done such a wonderful job!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Just watched a very good documentary called Apache Warrior. Highly recommended if you are in any way interested in real military experiences.

Buddy

The most fun I have on Netflix is changing the name and profile picture to inappropriate things on my brother's account
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on December 28, 2019, 04:57:19 PM
The most fun I have on Netflix is changing the name and profile picture to inappropriate things on my brother's account

:rofl:

billy rubin

change his default ringtone to obscene rants and then call him at awkward moments.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Heh.

... :chin:

No, I shouldn't do that to my brother.  :devil:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Has anyone else here watched "Messiah" on Netflix? I finished the first season about a couple weeks ago, and I really, really enjoyed it.
The cinematography is excellent, as is the acting and I loved how it takes place in different spots all over globe. I especially like Michelle Monaghan as the CIA officer. (The dude playing Isa is really good as well)

I put a trailer below for those who are interested. Here's the Premise I copied from Wikipedia:

The series focuses on the modern world's reaction to a man who first appears in the Middle East, whose followers claim him to be the eschatological return of 'Isa (Jesus). His sudden appearance and apparent miracles spark a growing international following, casting doubts around who he really is, a case investigated by a CIA officer.

I wanted it to last as only the first season has been released so I forced myself to only watch one episode at a time, but I wanted to binge watch this...of course there has been an outcry of displeasure over it from multiple religious groups, and I daresay I was probably drawn to it more because of my atheism, and maybe a little from my catholic upbringing.

Reviews have been mixed, but I found it fascinating!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

The Netflix knows what's best for you.
The Netflix has taken care of everything.
You needn't wonder, how or why.
The Netflix has taken care of everything.
The Netflix knows what's best for you.
A  S  S  I  M  I  L  A  T  E 

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 26, 2020, 07:09:48 PM
Has anyone else here watched the "Messiah" on Netflix? I finished the first season about a couple weeks ago, and I really, really enjoyed it.
The cinematography is excellent, as is the acting and I loved how it takes place in different spots all over globe. I especially like Michelle Monaghan as the CIA officer. (The dude playing Isa is really good as well)

I put a trailer below for those who are interested. Here's the Premise I copied from Wikipedia:

The series focuses on the modern world's reaction to a man who first appears in the Middle East, whose followers claim him to be the eschatological return of 'Isa (Jesus). His sudden appearance and apparent miracles spark a growing international following, casting doubts around who he really is, a case investigated by a CIA officer.

I wanted it to last as only the first season has been released so I forced myself to only watch one episode at a time, but I wanted to binge watch this...of course there has been an outcry of displeasure over it from multiple religious groups, and I daresay I was probably drawn to it more because of my atheism, and maybe a little from my catholic upbringing.

Reviews have been mixed, but I found it fascinating!

How interesting...

I had never in my life done this...this..." binge-watching." Two weeks ago, I did for the 1st time in my life, and guess what I binge-watched? You guessed it, "Messiah."

I was probably drawn to it more because of my atheism, and maybe a little from just being curious, but more like when you see a car accident or something.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Watched it. Liked it. Can't wait for the next series!

Tank

A surprisingly good little Netflix series, Space Force.

It's a skit/satire on Trump's 'Space Force'. It's a lovely little gentle piece with the odd belly laugh and a bit of pathos too. Not what I expected at all. Highly recommended.

Hermes you'll need a box of tissues for episode 6.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on June 01, 2020, 09:38:44 AM
A surprisingly good little Netflix series, Space Force.

It's a skit/satire on Trump's 'Space Force'. It's a lovely little gentle piece with the odd belly laugh and a bit of pathos too. Not what I expected at all. Highly recommended.

Hermes you'll need a box of tissues for episode 6.

Thanks, you've piqued my curiosity; I will get hold of it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames