News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Upcoming movies that have you psyched!

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 29, 2018, 02:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I'll definitely be going to see the Dune one.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 18, 2019, 09:25:28 AM
I don't know about psyched but interested anyway.

Another attempt at Dune  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_(2020_film)

Yeah, I heard about that a while ago. My response: Hope its not shit. The 4-part mini series was rubbish.
Villeneuve has good pedigree. I liked Arrival. Haven't seen Blade runner...yet.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Siz

IP Man 4

Since taking on a diet of martial arts movies in the past couple of years, this one is looking good. Donnie Yen, of course, along with Scott Adkins. Gonna be good. Recommend the whole series - true, but dramatised stories of the man that trained Bruce Lee.

And, of course Adkins' Boyka. 👌

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Quote from: Siz on October 18, 2019, 10:45:26 AM

Yeah, I heard about that a while ago. My response: Hope its not shit. The 4-part mini series was rubbish.
Villeneuve has good pedigree. I liked Arrival. Haven't seen Blade runner...yet.

Blade Runner 2049 is worth a watch. Any sequel was going to struggle to follow such a cult classic. It's on Netflix if you have that. 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Excellent. If I can wrestle the TV off the kids and Mrs Siz I'll make an evening of it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Siz on October 18, 2019, 11:00:42 AM
Excellent. If I can wrestle the TV off the kids and Mrs Siz I'll make an evening of it.

"The TV"  Is your family experimenting with Armishness?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Siz

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 18, 2019, 01:04:16 PM
Quote from: Siz on October 18, 2019, 11:00:42 AM

"The TV"  Is your family experimenting with Armishness?

Are you referring to our resident cross-dressing childminder?

Davin

Wheel of Time TV series https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time_(TV_series)

I am excited for the new Dune. Still a big fan of the David Lynch version.

Wheel of time I think can work as a series. Definitely not as movies.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: Siz on October 18, 2019, 10:50:01 AM
IP Man 4

Since taking on a diet of martial arts movies in the past couple of years, this one is looking good. Donnie Yen, of course, along with Scott Adkins. Gonna be good. Recommend the whole series - true, but dramatised stories of the man that trained Bruce Lee.

I really like this series, and Donnie Yen in his other movies. Even if the premise is a bit cheesy for some of his other movies, I still like them.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Siz

Quote from: Davin on October 18, 2019, 05:02:11 PM
Quote from: Siz on October 18, 2019, 10:50:01 AM
IP Man 4

I really like this series, and Donnie Yen in his other movies. Even if the premise is a bit cheesy for some of his other movies, I still like them.
One man's cheese is another man's caviar. That's the genre! Often they're just the vehicle for the fighting so I don't tend to mind if the acting is cardboard or the walls made of paper... (😉)

I have a hard drive full of eastern movies a friend lent me. Most are unwatchable.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Interested to see how Dune comes out. Not a fan of the David Lynch one.

As for Star Wars, I feel like it's my duty to see the final (ish) film.
Might be good... maybe.