News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

I Need A New War Song

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 05, 2018, 03:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Generally I listen to a song over and over again as I work, as a way to keep me from getting distracted and taking excessive breaks from what needs to be done --  which can ultimately lead to procrastination.

Procrastination is a big no-no. Procrastination is the enemy.

I need a new war song, one that preferably does not contain lyrics (because discernable words can be distracting). Something that will make me feel like painting lines across my cheeks and type feverishly to the beat.  :guitar: Drums and/or bass are welcome!  ;D

Does anyone use music in the same way? Any suggestions?  8)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

I don't use music that way, but I thought you may find Aaron Copland's Fanfare For The Common Man useful.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

To name a few. Take your pick with this guy. FUCKING AWESOME! Doesn't even begin to describe how good he is.

Icarus

You want  stirring war music? Then sample this one. It is The Ride To Dubno.   I am not sure but I think it is a tale about Ukrainian cossacks hauling ass northward to kill  those hated Lithuanians.  Lithuania was once a very large nation with some serious influence.

Here is five minutes of smashing music played by one of the worlds premier orchestras. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asoLIJpvb_w

Enjoy.

Bluenose

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

OldGit

Bad Penny II

I use it as a paddling tune.  From memory, not with a techy player thing.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

jumbojak

It's not instrumental but the words don't come through very well and don't mean much really.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Excellent, so many songs to listen to! :grin: Moar plis!

No one

Let me know what you think about the ones I posted. I can turn you on to more. Buckethead is all over the map as far as genre is concerned.

Sandra Craft

When I absolutely have to get something done, I find this played on a continuous loop useful.  Just as long as it doesn't lead to biting thru anyones jugular.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 05, 2018, 04:49:31 AM
I don't use music that way, but I thought you may find Aaron Copland's Fanfare For The Common Man useful.

Cinematic!  ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on September 05, 2018, 05:17:44 AM
To name a few. Take your pick with this guy. FUCKING AWESOME! Doesn't even begin to describe how good he is.

Quote from: No one on September 05, 2018, 07:11:09 PM
Let me know what you think about the ones I posted. I can turn you on to more. Buckethead is all over the map as far as genre is concerned.

I like the last two! Never heard of Buckethead before, they sound interesting  :rockin': :guitar:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on September 05, 2018, 06:45:41 AM
You want  stirring war music? Then sample this one. It is The Ride To Dubno.   I am not sure but I think it is a tale about Ukrainian cossacks hauling ass northward to kill  those hated Lithuanians.  Lithuania was once a very large nation with some serious influence.

Here is five minutes of smashing music played by one of the worlds premier orchestras. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asoLIJpvb_w

Enjoy.

Yes, I can imagine a bunch of Cossacks riding frantically to that tune, but me being me I can't help but find it humorous.  :P

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bluenose on September 05, 2018, 07:07:39 AM
How about this?

:) Not bad, but better for relaxing than for studying or working. I need something more...aggressive. :grin: