News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Bad Films

Started by Tank, August 29, 2018, 08:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Last night good wife and I opted for a ticket to Ad Astra.  We endured for a while but decided to leave mid movie for a more entertaining pursuit like going home to take a nap.  Photography was very impressive, story line was a snoozer.

Red_Cloud

Yes Tank, "Mother" is a sickening repulsive film.
I also go along with No One's list of bad actors. Superheroes. . Yuck!!! They cause more damage and destruction than the bad guys! Just comic book crap! Disaster movies are just as silly, and you will notice in every one that the main character is estranged from his wife and kids and his wife's new partner is always an arsehole!

I'd like to add the following to the list of bad actors.
Val Kilmer
John Cusack
Steven Seagal
Owen Wilson
Ben Affleck
Nicolas Cage
And Roger Moor was never any good as James Bond.

I do like westerns and one (in my opinion) not to miss is "Lonely are The Brave" with Kirk Douglas.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on September 25, 2019, 12:06:03 AM
Last night good wife and I opted for a ticket to Ad Astra.  We endured for a while but decided to leave mid movie for a more entertaining pursuit like going home to take a nap.  Photography was very impressive, story line was a snoozer.

Bugger. I was going to see that next week.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

You might like it Tank.  There is no accounting for tastes and so, to each his own.

No one

The Princess Bride Remake.

Davin

I like Ad Astra a lot. It's not an action movie. And it's not quite 2001, but it's in a similar vein.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on September 25, 2019, 12:06:03 AM

I'm probably going to watch it tomorrow. I'm between that and Joker.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

I also liked Joker. It was very dark with no good in it, but very well done. In the same kind of vein as Requiem for a Dream, but not as depressing.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on October 07, 2019, 04:44:20 PM
I also liked Joker. It was very dark with no good in it, but very well done. In the same kind of vein as Requiem for a Dream, but not as depressing.

I ended up watching Joker, and enjoyed it very much. I'm guessing there's going to be an Oscar nomination for Joaquin Phoenix coming out of it. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Well that was 2:15 I won't get back, nor the £23 I spent.

Ad Astra.

Crap.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Siz

Quote from: Tank on October 18, 2019, 10:41:39 PM

Ad Astra.

Crap.
Aww noooo!
We're planning a date-night next week to see it. Why so bad?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Quote from: Siz on October 18, 2019, 10:44:45 PM

Ad Astra.

Crap.
Aww noooo!

Too long, horrendous technical mistakes, irrelevant plot diversions, actors are the wrong ages for the characters.

billy rubin

Ad Astra.

Crap.

holy shit

twenty-three quid?

the most expensive motion picture i remember from london back in wilson's day was ten shillings.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on October 18, 2019, 11:00:15 PM

Ad Astra.

Crap.
Aww noooo!

Too long, horrendous technical mistakes, irrelevant plot diversions, actors are the wrong ages for the characters.

Someone summed it up as "Brad Pitt sulks in space".
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 20, 2019, 12:29:13 AM
Quote from: Tank on October 18, 2019, 11:00:15 PM

Ad Astra.

Crap.
Aww noooo!

Someone summed it up as "Brad Pitt sulks in space".

Brad Pitt sulks in space.