News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Tips

Started by Dave, July 27, 2016, 03:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

I've said it before here, but don't keep your phone in your back pocket.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Asmodean

If you see an ad online for one of those windshield wiper shaving machines and feel fascinated, talk to a male acquaintance about borrowing a used disposable razor. (Shaver, some call them, to distinguish the apparatus from the knife itself) It will do the same job for free. Got me through university on two sets of windscreen wipers.

That said, get a job. buy new wipers. That be the advice behind the tip.

Also on the subject of ads for crap you don't need, no, TV Frog is not a total scam. It WILL turn your dumb TV into a smart TV. No such thing as free cable though, that part is utter bollocks.

Moral here being, "get a job. Buy a smart TV," I guess. Heh... Sticking to some unintended subjects here. Nice... Nice.

More Gray Wisdom, you say..? Lemme see...

Barcode readers can be useful in "dialing" numbers and emails on Skype/Jabber/etc. Does require a tiny bit of effort to set it up, but The Asmo likes His complicated phone book.

When surfing the web abroad, go to whatever passes for a 7/11 there and get a local pre-paid 4G WiFi subscription. That, or STOP CALLING THE BLOODY ASMO FIVE TIMES A DAY OVER AN INTERNET BILL OF NOK 1800,- DAMN YOU! /end caps lock

Milo Yiannopoulos' book is not at all bad so far... Might even review it here later. Still, if you are the kind of person who gets outraged by a troll... Avoid.

Also, Luxembourg is evil. Avoid.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

It seems that baking soda and superglue catalyse to form a solid plastic (acrylic?) matrix

Fill a gap with baking soda and get the superglue into it fast. The gap will be filled and glued almost instantaneously! The matrix is quite hard and can be smoothed and painted it seems.

Time for some experiments I think . . . Well, when I have bought some baking soda!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bluenose

Tip:  To avoid drop bear attack when walking through the Australian bush, smear some Vegemite behind your ears.  True story, no-one has ever been attacked by a drop bear while wearing Vegemite.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett