News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Nova! -the end of black hole/singularity fantasy:

Started by Rift Zone, March 19, 2018, 06:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift Zone

Quote from: Magdalena on March 24, 2018, 03:52:24 AM
Pictures, please.  :reading:
pfft...   no one wants to see that.   tattooed geeks are bound to be the saddest thing in the universe. 

Right you are Tank!    -It's "Mother Nature", in binary, and geek speak.

Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2018, 07:24:33 AM
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 23, 2018, 09:10:47 PM

Quote from: Tank on March 23, 2018, 08:45:53 PM
If relativity is wrong RZ how come sat navs work?
Relativity is wrong only in the sense that it's a behavioral model that makes faulty predictions about the physical structure of the universe.   ...
Please give an example of faulty prediction.
"Wormholes".   -perfectly legit in Relativity, fully smoking crack in reality.   Time is not a dimension, there is no space-time fabric, there is no traversing time or traveling subspace, black holes don't exist, blackholes that don't exist certainly won't find themselves linked to multiple space-time fabrics that don't exist either, the whole story is a sham.  kinda cute, but no.
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Dave

Once again, RZ, bood, sweeping statements without even any attempt to provide evidence, let alone proof. If you think your proofs are beyond our understanding present your theories for objective peer review and publication and send us the linjs for citations.

Sounding more like a religion with every post!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Rift Zone

Quote from: Dave on March 24, 2018, 12:18:50 PM
Once again, RZ, bood, sweeping statements without even any attempt to provide evidence, let alone proof. If you think your proofs are beyond our understanding present your theories for objective peer review and publication and send us the linjs for citations.

Time is not a dimension was addressed in the "Time!" essay.  Black holes don't exist was addressed in the OP of this thread.   these things have been well established in this conversation.  ( try to keep up!)   The rest is natural consequences of the other two premises.   
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 24, 2018, 12:41:26 PM
Quote from: Dave on March 24, 2018, 12:18:50 PM

Time is not a dimension was addressed in the "Time!" essay.  Black holes don't exist was addressed in the OP of this thread.   these things have been well established in this conversation.  ( try to keep up!)   The rest is natural consequences of the other two premises.

Strength to your arm, others diss 'em but I think Trolls can invigorate a forum.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 24, 2018, 11:59:04 AM
pfft...   no one wants to see that.   tattooed geeks are bound to be the saddest thing in the universe. 

I don't know...Davin is a little bit, "geeky," and he showed us his nice chest tattoo. Even Arturo showed us his tiny chest tattoo.

Anyways, I noticed you got one strike already. Show us before you get two more. You're not "chicken" are you?

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Rift Zone

Quote from: Magdalena on March 24, 2018, 05:33:47 PM
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 24, 2018, 11:59:04 AM

I don't know...Davin is a little bit, "geeky," and he showed us his nice chest tattoo. Even Arturo showed us his tiny chest tattoo.

Anyways, I noticed you got one strike already. Show us before you get two more. You're not "chicken" are you?

:grin:
You're supposed to start with the bare chest shots!  ...and bent over a desk. 

Magdalena

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 24, 2018, 07:26:08 PM
I'm not sure what this means.  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Rift Zone

Quote from: Magdalena on March 24, 2018, 08:06:20 PM
Twerk?   

Magdalena

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 25, 2018, 02:40:17 AM
Twerk?
Oh, boy...

...You are "geeky" aren't you?

Rift Zone

Quote from: Magdalena on March 25, 2018, 03:01:17 AM
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 25, 2018, 02:40:17 AM
Twerk?
Oh, boy...

...You are "geeky" aren't you?
lol   yes ma'am, guilty as charged.   Then again, I'm alpha (as defined by strength of presence; invariably mine is most pronounced, been described as intimidating. i'm worse in person), so I could be inept here, or I could be having fun with the situation...   Probably inept.   

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Rift Zone

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 25, 2018, 03:00:48 PM
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 25, 2018, 01:55:06 PM
...been described as intimidating...

I'm genuinely curious...why is that?
I'm a mild mannered science geek, most of the time.   I mean, I'm INTJ, introvert, very much immersed in the little world that is my work, I'm often that quiet guy in the background no one pays any attention to.    By my strength of being/presence is insane, i'm emotionally one of the strongest people alive, and I'm very socially adept, navigating virtually any social setting with ease, from black ties and dignitaries, to thugs in the hood, to geeks in labs, and nearly everywhere inbetween.  So i can come off as quite extroverted if I'm feeling it: life of the party, lead geek among geeks, outspoken in general...  Anyway, take my primal passion for nature, mix in that strength of presence, add a dash of my tendency to break things that stand against me, and yea, both my strength of presence and I have been described as intimidating.   

Rift Zone

For my defense, I only take myself seriously when I need to.    -makes life funner that way.   

Went to a "meet-up" organized on INTJforum.com once.   I was found to be unique among them.  They did have nice things to say about me:

"the posture and composure of a yogini with a youthful vibrance and presence..."

"this guy made me rethink my whole idea of introverts.  Full of energy and confidence, very sociable."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Rift Zone on March 25, 2018, 03:23:29 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 25, 2018, 03:00:48 PM
Quote from: Rift Zone on March 25, 2018, 01:55:06 PM
...been described as intimidating...

I'm genuinely curious...why is that?
I'm a mild mannered science geek, most of the time.   I mean, I'm INTJ, introvert, very much immersed in the little world that is my work, I'm often that quiet guy in the background no one pays any attention to.    By my strength of being/presence is insane, i'm emotionally one of the strongest people alive, and I'm very socially adept, navigating virtually any social setting with ease, from black ties and dignitaries, to thugs in the hood, to geeks in labs, and nearly everywhere inbetween.  So i can come off as quite extroverted if I'm feeling it: life of the party, lead geek among geeks, outspoken in general...  Anyway, take my primal passion for nature, mix in that strength of presence, add a dash of my tendency to break things that stand against me, and yea, both my strength of presence and I have been described as intimidating.

That's interesting. I know I intimidate some people IRL but can't fathom why. Like you, I'm mild mannered most of the time. I don't consider myself to be outspoken - I pick my battles -  but do consider myself to be open to new ideas and meeting new people. I also consider myself to be emotionally strong, I went to Hell and back and would do it all again, but it's not like I go around "flexing my emotional muscles" for all to see.

:notsure: Maybe it's because I'm tall compared to the national average. :lol:  I tower over a lot of other Brazilians.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote:notsure: Maybe it's because I'm tall compared to the national average. :lol:  I tower over a lot of other Brazilians.   

Ah! Junoesque or statuesque?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74