News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Heinz Ad Pulled After Gay Snog Furore

Started by weedoch, June 24, 2008, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susangail

Quote from: "nikkixsugar"yeah....It's pretty funny (the commercial AND the controversy). I'm sure Fred Phelps (and the entire Westboro Baptist Cult err.............Church.) This reminds me of that Superbowl Snickers commercial with a strangely homophobic aftertaste. Two men (Mechanics?) are eating two ends of a Snickers bar and end up kissing accidentally (a la Lady and the Tramp). Then, they turn away, embarrassed and one says "Quick, do something manly!" and they proceed in ripping out their chest hair. Not too offensive, but the implication is there and undeniable that homosexuality isn't "manly". Ahhh, gender roles. Society erred significantly in making these. Anybody agree?
I agree completely.

Ha yeah I remember that Snickers commercial... I thought it was funny. Never even thought of the homophobic aspect though.  
[youtube:38zwtdr2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHkoZ7ngAM0[/youtube:38zwtdr2]
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

jassi4010709

anyone who finds that offensive, is an insult to human life.

or did i just accidentally go back to 1855?  im always doing that

leftyguitarjoe

The removal that ad offends me......

Where is MY undesereved legal amnesty? :upset:

And where the hell is the first ammendment during all of this?

afreethinker30

Quote from: "weedoch"Freethinker you rock! :hail:    I hadn't seen the full ad before and now I'm even more exasperated!

Aww shucks.Yeah the ad is harmless people are so uptight!

nikkixsugar

Quote from: "Willravel"I can't wait to see their faces when that French's Mustard add with anal penetration comes out.

I burst out laughing when I heard that, Willravel! hahaha.
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Will

Quote from: "nikkixsugar"
Quote from: "Willravel"I can't wait to see their faces when that French's Mustard add with anal penetration comes out.

I was worried that people would miss that. Glad you liked it.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

nikkixsugar

Quote from: "Willravel"

Even looking at it NOW I'm laughing! Mustard and anal penetration, now that's a comedic and witty combination.
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

myleviathan

Quote from: "Willravel"

Kudos, Will. Kudos.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err