News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

20 days till Christmas!

Started by xSilverPhinx, December 05, 2017, 09:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 20, 2017, 09:51:57 PM
Clean yer chimneys folks! 5 days till the man in red breaks into yer residence!

I don't have a chimney.
I live on the second floor.
I have two doors, one wood one metal, four locks.
I don't think he's breaking into my residence.  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on December 20, 2017, 10:01:42 PM

I don't have a chimney.

Yeah. :notsure: Maybe he'll climb the stairs instead, look at your locked door, let out a long sigh, turn around and climb back down.

Does your 6 year old believe in Santa, if you don't mind my asking? My 8 year old niece still does, and even wrote a long letter to Santa which she placed under the Christmas tree. She doesn't have older siblings to ruin things for her and doesn't hang out with older kids so...

Just the other day she told a Santa at the mall everything she expects to receive this Christmas. :lol: I don't have the heart to insinuate that it's all just a story.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 20, 2017, 10:17:36 PM

I don't have a chimney.

Yeah. :notsure: Maybe he'll climb the stairs instead, look at your locked door, let out a long sigh, turn around and climb back down.

Does your 6 year old believe in Santa, if you don't mind my asking? My 8 year old niece still does, and even wrote a long letter to Santa which she placed under the Christmas tree. She doesn't have older siblings to ruin things for her and doesn't hang out with older kids so...

Just the other day she told a Santa at the mall everything she expects to receive this Christmas. :lol: I don't have the heart to insinuate that it's all just a story.

I asked him, "Do you believe Santa is real, that he actually goes around giving every single kid in the world a present, in one night?"
He said, "Yes."
I asked, "Do you believe this, or do you want to believe this is true?"
...He thought about it for a minute...
He said, "Well, actually, I want to believe this is true."
:snicker:

We'll leave it here for now.

Oh! This reminds me...
It's time!!!
MONOLOGUE: JOHN MALKOVICH READS 'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/twas-the-night-monologue/n12380?snl=1

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on December 20, 2017, 11:07:56 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 20, 2017, 10:17:36 PM

I don't have a chimney.

I asked him, "Do you believe Santa is real, that he actually goes around giving every single kid in the world a present, in one night?"
He said, "Yes."
I asked, "Do you believe this, or do you want to believe this is true?"
...He thought about it for a minute...
He said, "Well, actually, I want to believe this is true."
:snicker:

We'll leave it here for now.

;D

QuoteOh! This reminds me...
It's time!!!
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/twas-the-night-monologue/n12380?snl=1

"Sorry, this video is not available from your location." :(

Magdalena

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on December 20, 2017, 11:07:56 PM
Oh! This reminds me...
It's time!!!

:lol:

If Santa wants to get into my apt, he'll have to climb up the fire escape and then break down two doors.  Plenty of time to load up ol' Betsy.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

You guys do not have Santa-friendly homes. :sad sigh:

:P

I have yet to see "Santa-friendly" or something akin to that in a real estate agent's description. 

Icarus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 18, 2017, 12:47:30 AM
Kahlua is an interesting name, but did you name him after a coffee-flavoured liqueur? :notsure:

(I googled it. :P )

One part vodka, one part Kahlua, add perhaps two parts milk, some crushed ice,  and you have a "Dark Russian" which is a dangerously delicious drink that can render you stoned in short order.  You can be seduced by such beverage delights because they taste so good.  You pay dearly the next morning somewhere between a class six to class ten hangover. Dark Russians, containing Kahlua, are instruments of the devil.....But tasty.  That's the way Mephistopheles works,

Kahlua like brew can be made at home if desired.  There are recipes on You Tube.  The critical ingredient is vanilla bean which can be expensive in some parts of the world. 

Kahlua is actually a brand name for a particular alcoholic compound.  The brand name product is of a high quality and consistency.  It is a pleasing added ingredient to a good cup of coffee. Brazillian coffee of course,Silver.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on December 21, 2017, 12:55:03 AM
Kahlua is an interesting name, but did you name him after a coffee-flavoured liqueur? :notsure:

One part vodka, one part Kahlua, add perhaps two parts milk, some crushed ice,  and you have a "Dark Russian" which is a dangerously delicious drink that can render you stoned in short order.  You can be seduced by such beverage delights because they taste so good.  You pay dearly the next morning somewhere between a class six to class ten hangover. Dark Russians, containing Kahlua, are instruments of the devil.....But tasty.  That's the way Mephistopheles works,

Kahlua like brew can be made at home if desired.  There are recipes on You Tube.  The critical ingredient is vanilla bean which can be expensive in some parts of the world. 

Kahlua is actually a brand name for a particular alcoholic compound.  The brand name product is of a high quality and consistency.  It is a pleasing added ingredient to a good cup of coffee. Brazillian coffee of course,Silver.

A "Dark Russian" can also be vodka, Tia Maria and Coke. Always amazes me how well coffee flavour and Coke go together.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on December 21, 2017, 02:20:51 AM

A "Dark Russian" can also be vodka, Tia Maria and Coke. Always amazes me how well coffee flavour and Coke go together.

There is a drink called a Brown Cow, which is a mixture of Kahlua and cold milk.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 21, 2017, 02:33:44 AM
Quote from: Dave on December 21, 2017, 02:20:51 AM

There is a drink called a Brown Cow, which is a mixture of Kahlua and cold milk.

hermes2015

Thanks, Mags, that's the one. I also like the extreme opposite, which is Campari and soda, or, even more bitter, Campari and Indian tonic. The last one is great on a very hot, humid day.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames