News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

broccoli /vegetarian question

Started by afreethinker30, June 23, 2008, 09:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afreethinker30

I know this is dumb,but I have always wondered about this.For those who don't eat meat.Since broccoli has a simple nervous system (it can feel pain) do you avoid the veggie to?Honestly I don't mean to offend anyone.It's something I have always wondered about.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Asmodean":banna: <<How could you eat something that cute?!  :D I could make a comment but I won't.  :raised:

McQ

I'm having one of those moments where I can't tell if someone is joking or not.

You are kidding, right? If not, my apologies for being so thick, but Broccoli does not feel pain, or have a CNS.

If it was a joke, then sorry for not getting it.  :confused:
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

afreethinker30

Quote from: "McQ"I'm having one of those moments where I can't tell if someone is joking or not.

You are kidding, right? If not, my apologies for being so thick, but Broccoli does not feel pain, or have a CNS.

If it was a joke, then sorry for not getting it.  :banna:  Yes I'm bored.And in a odd mood.Actually one of my sons used it as a reason to not eat his veggies.I have no clue where he got it from but it was to funny.

One of his cousins while playing basketball told the Ref he needed to call a testicle foul!!  :D

susangail

Well... I'm a vege.... and I don't eat broccoli. I'm a treehugger and broccoli look like little trees.... it's just so sad  :(
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Asmodean

Quote from: "susangail"Well... I'm a vege.... and I don't eat broccoli. I'm a treehugger and broccoli look like little trees.... it's just so sad  :devil: *Evil laughter*
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

susangail

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "susangail"Well... I'm a vege.... and I don't eat broccoli. I'm a treehugger and broccoli look like little trees.... it's just so sad  :devil: *Evil laughter*
*sob*  :mad:
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

joeactor

Well, I'm an omnivore, but I particularly like eating veggies because I have the mutant ability to hear them scream...

(cue more evil laughter)

Ok, seriously...  It's all where you draw the line.  Almost everything we ingest either is or was alive at some point.  It's how life works.  Being comfortable with our place on the food chain is a good thing, IMHO.

Yeppers,
JoeActor

Asmodean

Quote from: "susangail"*sob*  :mad:

:D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

crocofish

When I was a kid, I remember watching some program on TV where they hooked up a galvanometer to a plant and showed how it responded to someone talking to it.  I became quite empathetic towards plants for a while.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

Asmodean

Quote from: "crocofish"When I was a kid, I remember watching some program on TV where they hooked up a galvanometer to a plant and showed how it responded to someone talking to it.  I became quite empathetic towards plants for a while.
A while being..? Until dinner?  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

crocofish

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "crocofish"I became quite empathetic towards plants for a while.
A while being..? Until dinner?  :D
Actually, dinner didn't bother me.  It just made me flinch when people were mindlessly hacking at plants for no good reason other than destruction.  It bothered me that plants might have feelings and people were being mean to plants.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

susangail

Quote from: "joeactor"Ok, seriously...  It's all where you draw the line.  Almost everything we ingest either is or was alive at some point.  It's how life works.  Being comfortable with our place on the food chain is a good thing, IMHO.
I completely agree.

afreethinker30

:hail:  To all broccoli posters!! I was wondering does anyone thing broccoli: the conspiracy against our children  might be a funny video??