News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Would you do Confession?

Started by SisterAgatha, November 21, 2017, 05:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

Just try it out...youll feel a heavy burden..dissipate from your shoulders...

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 22, 2017, 09:54:16 PM
SisterAgatha, every single person here said, "No." Did you even read the responses?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Pasta Chick

I don't feel a heavy burden now though.

And theoretically if I did, why would telling someone whose responses are going to be that I'm a wicked human and should pray more help?

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on November 22, 2017, 10:19:26 PM
SisterAgatha, every single person here said, "No." Did you even read the responses?

Aggie is living in Woowoo Land, Mags, you have to make allowances for the blinkers.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

SisterAgatha

Somebody is feeling a bit grumpy!

just open your self up to the possibilities..Surely you conscinece cannot be totally clear!

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 22, 2017, 10:59:43 PM

just open your self up to the possibilities..Surely you conscinece cannot be totally clear!
Yes, I'm menstruating. You don't want to be around me right now.
You worry about your conscience, and you stay the fuck away from mine.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 22, 2017, 10:23:42 PM

And theoretically if I did, why would telling someone whose responses are going to be that I'm a wicked human and should pray more help?

Yeah, the heavy burden thing lets me off -- I don't even feel a light burden.  In the whole course of my life I've only felt guilty about two things, both of which I was more than capable of dealing with, and resolving, on my own. 

The way I live, I rarely even get the opportunity to do something that would make me feel guilty, never mind have any desire to actually do it. 

It does make me wonder what on Earth Xtians are doing, and doing regularly, that would make them feel guilty?  I was joking when I mentioned cutting people up and distributing the parts in baggies, but are average, everyday Xtians actually doing things like that?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Magdalena on November 22, 2017, 11:23:59 PM

I redact Mags excuse on the basis there is nothing odd about being "grumpy" when someone is ignoring your protest to shove garbage down your throat.

Pretending to be the bigger man by vilifying aggression in those you are antagonizing is a dick move and I won't have it.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 23, 2017, 12:33:32 AM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 22, 2017, 10:23:42 PM

Yeah, the heavy burden thing lets me off -- I don't even feel a light burden.  In the whole course of my life I've only felt guilty about two things, both of which I was more than capable of dealing with, and resolving, on my own. 

The way I live, I rarely even get the opportunity to do something that would make me feel guilty, never mind have any desire to actually do it. 

It does make me wonder what on Earth Xtians are doing, and doing regularly, that would make them feel guilty?  I was joking when I mentioned cutting people up and distributing the parts in baggies, but are average, everyday Xtians actually doing things like that?

It's the Catholic guilt cycle. You go to confession to be told you're shit for being human so you feel badly when you're human and go to confession...

Magdalena

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 23, 2017, 03:39:04 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 22, 2017, 11:23:59 PM

I redact Mags excuse on the basis there is nothing odd about being "grumpy" when someone is ignoring your protest to shove garbage down your throat.

Pretending to be the bigger man by vilifying aggression in those you are antagonizing is a dick move and I won't have it.
Excellent observation, Pasta Chick...excellent observation. :chin:

Tank

Given your disingenuous attitude to others I have no doubt you find confession useful. Being basically honest I have no need to make up shit for a priest. Confession is probably useful for bad people.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.