News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Human extinction : Choose the way we go.

Started by afreethinker30, June 23, 2008, 03:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evolved

All of the adults on the planet have sex simultaneously and throw the orbit of the Earth off track, and we spin wildly out of the solar system.  We all freeze, of course, but not until we spend some time under the covers trying to keep warm.  I guess this is the final big bang. :D
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

susangail

Quote from: "joeactor"I'm going for the ironic ending:

A group of fundies invents a highly contagious virus to "cure" homosexuality.
However, due to a random evolutionary mutation in the virus, and an accidental release from the lab, it ends up turning everyone gay.
The human race dies out in one generation due to lack of procreation.

... but as the end nears there will be FABULOUS parties!!!
(plus, designer coffins and urns will be all the rage)

Ok, I'm done,
JoeActor

Hahahahaha! I love it!! Oh the irony!!
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Loffler

Nearby supernova. The destructive radiation would reach as at the same time as the light, so we'd never even see it coming.

You read right. The entire Earth could be destroyed instantly, before astronomers even saw it coming.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Evolved"All of the adults on the planet have sex simultaneously and throw the orbit of the Earth off track, and we spin wildly out of the solar system.  We all freeze, of course, but not until we spend some time under the covers trying to keep warm.  I guess this is the final big bang. :D

You have to admit this would be a fun way to go!I wonder would there be something to cause all of this sex?Maybe a group of terrorist plant what they believe to be deadly nightshade berries (cheaper then arsenic) ,but turns out to be a harmless aphrodisiac.

Tom62

I would love to see the Vogon Destructor Fleet demolish the Earth to make way for a new interstellar bypass.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

tornado

Quote from: "Tom62"I would love to see the Vogon Destructor Fleet demolish the Earth to make way for a new interstellar bypass.

"There's no point in acting all surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display in your local planning department on Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years, so you've had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it's far too late to start making a fuss about it now."

MariaEvri

Quote from: "Tom62"I would love to see the Vogon Destructor Fleet demolish the Earth to make way for a new interstellar bypass.

and later on find out that it wasn't needed after all.
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

karadan

I'd like to think that the humans could all leave the earth in relatively good condition so that nature could take hold again. I'd feel really bad if a human created cataclysm takes all animal and plant life with it. Animals do not deserve that :(
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Asmodean

Quote from: "karadan"I'd like to think that the humans could all leave the earth in relatively good condition so that nature could take hold again. I'd feel really bad if a human created cataclysm takes all animal and plant life with it. Animals do not deserve that :D

Of course, most animals will surely die as a result of two of those scenarios and probably die as a result of the remaining one, but as long as life itself survives, in time the Earth will probably be inhabited again, maybe by creatures more advanced than us.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

afreethinker30

Dinosuars cloned to walk the earth again.Eating every human in reach until we are all gone.Then and only then will Jesus come back!Why you ask....to ride them of course.

Bill Hicks
      “A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a f*&#ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.”

Steve Reason

Planet collision, Black hole, or Tom62's scenario.
I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. ~ Mark Twain

http://rumtickle.blogspot.com/