News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

civil ceremonies ended in Kern County

Started by susangail, June 14, 2008, 08:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susangail

As many of you know, gay marriage was recently legalized in California. I've been reading articles in my local newspaper regarding a woman named Ann Coulter.** She is a county clerk who performs civil marriage ceremonies in my area (Kern County). She is a devout Christian, so with this news, she decided to not perform ceremonies (to heterosexual and homosexual couples alike) which, as you can imagine, sparked controversy. I read in the Bakersfield Californian this morning that she presented the county with numbers of how the civil ceremonies cost so much. The ceremonies were ended because of the money (apparently) but I suspect a hidden agenda.

**name is Ann Barnett
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

myleviathan

Sounds like a media field day. And her name is Ann Coulter?? That's a hell of a coincidence. My mom gave me an Ann Coulter book which I took pleasure in burning. She is pretty hot though, I must say.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Will

I've got family down in Bakersfield (though I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to live in Bakersfield). I'll talk to my cousin and ask him to spread the word.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

nikkixsugar

Quote from: "susangail"As many of you know, gay marriage was recently legalized in California. I've been reading articles in my local newspaper regarding a woman named Ann Coulter. She is a county clerk who performs civil marriage ceremonies in my area (Kern County). She is a devout Christian, so with this news, she decided to not perform ceremonies (to heterosexual and homosexual couples alike) which, as you can imagine, sparked controversy. I read in the Bakersfield Californian this morning that she presented the county with numbers of how the civil ceremonies cost so much. The ceremonies were ended because of the money (apparently) but I suspect a hidden agenda.

Not THE Ann Coulter right? If it is kick her in the balls for me. If it isn't, kick her in the stomach for me. hahaha. jk  :D
Hate to tell you, but.....

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

susangail

Sorry to resurrect a dead topic, but I needed to fix this.

Okay I'm thoroughly embarrassed, but I got the name wrong. The county clerk was Ann Barnett. Sorry all. I had Ann Coulter in my head because I had recently seen one of her books and wanted to put a hole in it (too bad I was at Barnes and Noble).
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.