Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dark Lightning

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 31, 2020, 04:42:19 AM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on August 31, 2020, 04:29:03 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 30, 2020, 08:44:01 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on August 30, 2020, 05:19:36 AM

I don't know what that's about but I'm intrigued! :lol:

Oh, the urge to spill the beans!

Why isn't the emoji with the whip in our repertoire!?  :???:

Oh dear, I was worried the dominatrix had escaped the emoji zoo, but apparently not. She's right here -->  :dominatrix:

:grin:

xSilverPhinx

Davin

It's a sex thing. Commonly called BDSM. One person takes a dominant (Dom) role and another a submissive (Sub) role.

In general the Dom controls everything, including punishment of the Sub. Things like whipping, melted wax, paddles, bindings... etc. are applied to the Sub by the Dom. However it doesn't have to include punishment, the main thing is that the Sub does whatever the Dom commands.

There are safe words involved in case the Dom takes things too far (or even if the Sub does). The roles Dom and Sub are not necessarily gendered.

There, the beans are spilled.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on August 31, 2020, 08:54:22 PM
It's a sex thing. Commonly called BDSM. One person takes a dominant (Dom) role and another a submissive (Sub) role.

In general the Dom controls everything, including punishment of the Sub. Things like whipping, melted wax, paddles, bindings... etc. are applied to the Sub by the Dom. However it doesn't have to include punishment, the main thing is that the Sub does whatever the Dom commands.

There are safe words involved in case the Dom takes things too far (or even if the Sub does). The roles Dom and Sub are not necessarily gendered.

:rofl: I get it now!

We don't have any "Dom's Subs" here, but we do have Subway. I guess I'll never look at Subway the same again.

They could probably adapt a slogan. :notsure: My way not the Subway...

On second thought, maybe not.  :P

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 31, 2020, 07:58:48 PM

Oh dear, I was worried the dominatrix had escaped the emoji zoo, but apparently not. She's right here -->  :dominatrix:

:d'oh!: I searched the emoji page 3 few times, and couldn't find this! :dominatrix: I see it now. The beans were being tipped but not spilled with that reference.

Magdalena

Ha!  ;D
Thank you, for the explanation, Davin.
I never would've gotten the joke either.
--Poor Dom.  :lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 31, 2020, 10:40:42 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 31, 2020, 07:58:48 PM

:d'oh!: I searched the emoji page 3 few times, and couldn't find this! :dominatrix: I see it now. The beans were being tipped but not spilled with that reference.

;D

hermes2015

Thanks, Davin, for your disturbing display of in-depth knowledge of the subject.
― Charles Eames