News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Damn. this is one heluvva forum.  We can, without much fear of being assailed, talk about eating fly bitten cheese.  JJ politely changes the subject.

Tank makes pretty boxes and jewelry, Rec keeps us abreast of current sciences, All of us bitch about nasty weather and republicans, EN educates us about wine, Mags is her ever creative self, and others of you have your own areas of excellence. What a group this is!  Everyone one of you have unique knowledge and abilities. I appreciate you one and all, even if you talk about rotten cheese.

No I have not forgotten Books, Silver, Harmonie, Essie Mae, Hermes, Randy, or any of the rest of our odd little family. "Scuse me for derailing the train of thought here in the chuckle thread.

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on March 04, 2021, 01:39:45 AM
Damn. this is one heluvva forum.  We can, without much fear of being assailed, talk about eating fly bitten cheese.  JJ politely changes the subject.

Tank makes pretty boxes and jewelry, Rec keeps us abreast of current sciences, All of us bitch about nasty weather and republicans, EN educates us about wine, Mags is her ever creative self, and others of you have your own areas of excellence. What a group this is!  Everyone one of you have unique knowledge and abilities. I appreciate you one and all, even if you talk about rotten cheese.

No I have not forgotten Books, Silver, Harmonie, Essie Mae, Hermes, Randy, or any of the rest of our odd little family. "Scuse me for derailing the train of thought here in the chuckle thread.
I found it quite odd that very few (if any) on here were Republicans. Definitely not Trumpers.

Thank you for not forgetting me. :grin:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Well. It used to be, decades ago, that the "Lefties" were considered to be the "screwballs". I know that that was the case when I registered (Republican) to vote, in the '60s. Things have changed quite a bit, and so have I. Republicans espouse crazy policies these days, and while there is still some occasional crazy on the left, it's the better party to be aligned with now.

Tom62

Well, I'm glad that we can choose from more than two political parties in the Netherlands and that we don't have a president. It does mean that the government is always a coalition,  but that basically means that no party ever gains absolute power.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

No one

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

billy rubin

speaking of cheese i was reminded of thisotherone from germany somewhere. very local, like th ecazu marzu.

they make this cheese and roll it into a ball. then they drop it into a box full of some kind of mite. the mites eat the cheese and poop all over it. the poop causes the cheese to ferment and be very exclusive.

i can't help but think a lot of these european specialty foods originated durings famines, you know.

then there's the super expensive french cheese that has to be partially eaten by mice before being shipped to the auction house.

cheese people are weird.

set the function, not the mechanism.

No one

They just have unique cultures billy.

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Dark Lightning

xSilverPhinx