News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

North Korea and USA shenanigans...

Started by Claireliontamer, August 09, 2017, 04:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

Anyone else terrified we're on the verge of a massive bloodshed?

Davin

Yeah, since Trump took office. Trump is a very unstable and irrational snowflake.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

So far all the pundits are saying it is just the same old same old rhetoric and boasting from NK. But the subtext seems to be some concern that old Blabbermouth/Twattweeter Trump will push the Paranoid One over the edge. Others say thst this is the only kind of langusge Kim  understands. However another said that wars mostly start in that part of the world due to perceived loss of face and mis-construing words.

Still listening for China's comment, seen nothing yet. Trump-the-Twatt used very similar words to those used just before the US a-bombed Jspan.

With Kim versus Trump, yes I am worried. I have always felt that the American presudent is given too much specific authority with regards to starting wars. Once a war has actually started, yes, there needs to be one CiC. But will Trump take counsel from his general staff? I somehow doubt it. He needs something to divert the attention from the total fuck-up he is making of the presidency. So why not fuck-up the world?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tom62

Not worried at all. In the worst case North Korea and the US base in Guam will be obliterated.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Arturo

Koreans are about honor and appearance. So is Donald Trump. Donald doesn't have the control over his emotions to block out negativity. Instead he reacts as if his life were in danger. Fear reactions are usually said to be fight or flight but there is another one "freeze". Trump seems to alwaya be in fight mode. Unless someone can punk him to flight or freeze mode than we're going to see more of the same.

He also appears to come off as an idiot to achieve his goals. I'm convinced of that now.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on August 09, 2017, 04:34:23 PM
Not worried at all. In the worst case North Korea and the US base in Guam will be obliterated.

So, are we looking at conventional or nuclear obliteration here? If the latter both China and SK, plus all down wind, are in for a dose of radiation - something that neither will enjoy.

If conventional obliteration, like expending the greater part of the US's conventional stock in a couple if days of death, then first you spend a some time in logistics, getting all those ships and aircraft plus munitions close to the target. Can't do that without China noticing and feeling obliged to make some sort of move. Hmm, suppose they could re-purpose some IBMs with conventional heads, wonder how many. But that might leave a temporary big whole in the "retaliation shield" and Russia will take notice...

I doubt that China will allow the US or SK to take over NK, pain-in-the-arse they might be even to them.

Potentially this is not just another spat between egos.

Claireliontamer

Dave

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on August 09, 2017, 05:22:19 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on August 09, 2017, 04:34:23 PM

So, are we looking at conventional or nuclear obliteration here? If the latter both China and SK, plus all down wind, are in for a dose of radiation - something that neither will enjoy.

If conventional obliteration, like expending the greater part of the US's conventional stock in a couple if days of death, then first you spend a some time in logistics, getting all those ships and aircraft plus munitions close to the target. Can't do that without China noticing and feeling obliged to make some sort of move. Hmm, suppose they could re-purpose some IBMs with conventional heads, wonder how many. But that might leave a temporary big whole in the "retaliation shield" and Russia will take notice...

I doubt that China will allow the US or SK to take over NK, pain-in-the-arse they might be even to them.

Potentially this is not just another spat between egos.

Do you really think Trump will pay attention to all that? He'll just start dropping bombs any place he thinks will make him sound cool.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

No one

Sum Dum Kim needs to have his tiny dick knocked in the dirt!

Dave

Quote from: No one on August 09, 2017, 07:29:57 PM
Sum Dum Kim needs to have his tiny dick knocked in the dirt!

Naw, he needs a vise vice . . . Seconds thoughts "vise" is better.

Sandra Craft

I'm worried -- Trump's trying to play he-man, and he's too stupid to realize that he's too stupid to bring that off.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

No one

BooksCatsEtc:
Trump's trying to play he-man

Isn't he more like Orko?

Biggus Dickus

I posted this earlier today in the "Today In History" Thread...seems relevant here so just going to paste and cut into this thread.

This picture is probably familiar to most people, but if not it is all that remains of a person who was once sitting calmly on the steps of a bank in the city of Hiroshima on August 6th 1945.

You can see from the outline that whomever it was they were holding a cane, so most likely an elderly person. One moment they were sitting calmly on the steps of the bank which was located about 800 feet from the epicenter when the bomb went off leaving this shadow imprinted into the stone.

It's not really their shadow, but actually a carbon imprint of their body seared into the concrete, organic residue and carbonized flesh is now part of the sidewalk.

After time and in an effort to save the image the steps were relocated to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum, where they're now preserved.

This will be humanities shared fate I believe. Nothing will remain of our global civilization but the collective, seared, shadowy remains like a giant mural upon the face of the earth, one large ghastly display of our combined wretchedness.

Don't believe me? Think I'm being overly pessimistic, or too dramatical?

It say's it all right here in "1 Caucasian
(I wrote Caucasian and not Corinthians on purpose, this is not a typo...)

According to Texas megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress, "God has given Trump authority to take out Kim Jong Un". When it comes to how we should deal with evildoers, the Bible, in the book of Romans, is very clear: God has endowed rulers full power to use whatever means necessary — including war — to stop evil," Jeffress said.

That's it right there,... it won't be Islamic terrorists that destroy us, it will Christians like this evangelical who will twist and manipulate Trump to do something idiotic.
Yes it will be Christians who destroy the earth and all humanity with it...bible hugging, Kim Davis types who destroy us all with their stupid belief.

Let us face it, Trump is not now nor has he never been a Christian, in fact if he was just a common man and not the President most of the evangelicals like Pastor Jeffress would condemn Trump to hell for his life of evil ways.

But Trump is the type of person, a man who cares nothing at all about anyone but himself who will allow himself to be led into believing he is in fact god anointed by those like this Pastor Jeffress. Men and women who pretend to believe in a god and the truth, but who really only care that their so called righteous and twisted moral deviance be taken seriously.

So here we stand today, with Trump and Kim Jong Un trading barbs back and forth, each of these god-like little men posturing to get an edge...today with words, tomorrow with guns, and the next day with...god help us?

I sadly feel we will be at war soon, but not only with N. Korea. China will become involved, as will Russia...most likely the entire Korean Peninsula will be ravaged, our only hope is that those closest to these two leaders will be able to do something to prevent the use of nuclear weapons.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Dammit Bruno, That is pretty close to the voice of doom.  I am much worried about the outcome of this absurd spat.  The NK guy is a weird dude that is held by his people to be godlike. That is scary. Our guy is also scary but not to the extent that Kim whatizname appears to be.