News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Workshop and fixit stuff

Started by Dave, July 10, 2017, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

:tellmemore: That's purty! It's what I meant about quartersawn sycamore.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Davin

After the foundation of my house was fixed, I had to replace two irrigation valves, patch up some of the irrigation lines, the irrigation wires, replace a few sprinklers but not just the sprinklers themselves because they broke the whole thing, replace the block planter, and fix some doors inside that stopped closing.

Unrelated to that, I have to replace the attic ladder because it's bending pretty scary-like when used. A shed needs to be put up because we need the storage space, and I've been putting off trimming the front tree because of all the other stuff. But I need to get it all done before it gets too hot outside because I don't like working out in >100° weather.

I'm mostly through my list so that's good.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

It'll be a nice feeling of satisfaction when it's all done.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 15, 2021, 03:24:16 AM
Quote from: Randy on February 14, 2021, 10:36:27 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on February 14, 2021, 03:18:19 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 13, 2021, 11:50:40 PM

I think I need my medication now.
You should try some of the medication I'm on.  :snicker1:

Ha, I think I will stick to the one that drives my screws.
That's probably best. Besides, you'll enjoy yours more than mine. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

damn
.another one ofthose videos where you cant turn the sound off

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Some recent stuff. Not much as it's rather cold in my garage/workshop and the early dark.

Three bandsaw boxes. You've seen the rectangular one before. Also practising varnish finishes. All from the same piece of wood.

Larger hexagonal box.

Tea light experiments. The one at the back opens up.

A little bit of oak end grain for Dark Lightning :)

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Good stuff, and you've got some matches with a ship on them.
I'm actually glad I don't have to keep candles for emergencies any more, praise the LED.
My wife still burns candles and pseudo candles and something that looks rather wizardy, it billows.
Could you incorporate a modern light source into one of your creations?
I like these things.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001586777929.html?spm=a2g0o.search0302.0.0.4e034d7b7iQjQT&algo_pvid=e5b09f29-bede-40d2-b20a-b4f7da14f501&algo_expid=e5b09f29-bede-40d2-b20a-b4f7da14f501-50&btsid=0bb0623f16143351078928475e76b0&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Bad Penny II

There are small cheap power banks.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank