News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

All things gardening

Started by Tank, June 25, 2017, 10:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on July 15, 2019, 08:15:57 AM
Tha's exactly what my wife said! Great minds think alike :)

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

First dragon fly that I have seen on my pond.

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on August 24, 2019, 12:01:06 PM

Beautiful shot of a beautiful insect. I can see why they inspired Lalique.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Well done, may it be the first of many.

Decades ago when I lived in Sydney I'd escape to idyllic rivers.
You'd paddle for a bit and then stop for cup of tea and some herbs. 
Significant other's friend expressed concern about a pretty blue dragonfly that was hovering about.
Na you don't have to worry about them, they've got no nasty bits three of us assured her.
Then the dragon fly did one of those sudden direction changes they do, straight at her head.
Ah, happy times...
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on August 24, 2019, 02:05:04 PM

Well done, may it be the first of many.

Decades ago when I lived in Sydney I'd escape to idyllic rivers.
You'd paddle for a bit and then stop for cup of tea and some herbs. 
Significant other's friend expressed concern about a pretty blue dragonfly that was hovering about.
Na you don't have to worry about them, they've got no nasty bits three of us assured her.
Then the dragon fly did one of those sudden direction changes they do, straight at her head.
Ah, happy times...

That was tied on lol

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 24, 2019, 01:23:19 PM

Beautiful shot of a beautiful insect. I can see why they inspired Lalique.

I sincerely hope she was a female and dropped some eggs.

Tank

I have a small wildlife pond in my garden but getting photos of its contents can be difficult. So I bought a small 12 litre aquarium which allows me to get close to he underwater 'action'.

Tank

I did a bit of 'guerilla gardening' today in my local woodland stream. I planted 50 or so Yellow Iris seeds in the banks of a meander area. It'll stabilise the banks and slow the erosion in years to come.

Icarus

Good on you for planting those seeds Tank. 

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on July 28, 2020, 01:43:11 AM
Good on you for planting those seeds Tank.

They are coming up.

xSilverPhinx

My mother has decided she wants to try gardening, even going as far as to sign up for online classes. I only hope she doesn't try to recruit me as I have unwillingly indulged in mass plantacide on many occasions.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 29, 2020, 02:38:36 PM
My mother has decided she wants to try gardening, even going as far as to sign up for online classes. I only hope she doesn't try to recruit me as I have unwillingly indulged in mass plantacide on many occasions.

May I suggest Japanese stone gardening?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 29, 2020, 06:16:30 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 29, 2020, 02:38:36 PM

May I suggest Japanese stone gardening?

Now that's something I wouldn't fail at! ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey