Main Menu

Serious help needed.

Started by Tank, June 16, 2017, 09:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

How about a real world proof...

You have zero apples.
Your friend has zero apples.
You and your friend have how many apples?

Tank

Here is the response

"Los! Lies Exposed!😂

If 0 +0=0 ,

Then

There is no possibility for life to exist without a cause,

Hence the equation 0 +0=1 is false ,

But what is the correct view? The correct is:

For anything to exist there must be a cause which is distinct from it, So, If There is a Cause of The Universe Then It Must Be One Which is What we Muslim Call The Oneness of Allah S.W.T. 1=1"

Thoughts appreciated.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

He's making a huge jump in logic there. Who is to say that 1 in the equation is Allah and not some other scientific force? 

Arturo

From what I see, this guy is trying to push 0+0=1 when the real equation is more like -1+1=0

He's also said that 1=1 in terms of the origin of anything. So I'd ask if he thinks things just go back infinitely? That's an extraordinary claim that I think would need to be supported by evidence.

Also, I don't think anyone is saying life made itself in the scientific community. He's just making up straw man arguments so he can control the opinion of others. The general consensus seems to be of the origin of life is "life happened, let's find out how" Also, If he's saying that 1=1 then I would think that means life makes life right? Isn't that what he said that was so dumb?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Tank on June 16, 2017, 02:43:03 PM
Here is the response

"Los! Lies Exposed!😂

If 0 +0=0 ,

Then

For anything to exist there must be a cause which is distinct from it, So, If There is a Cause of The Universe Then It Must Be One Which is What we Muslim Call The Oneness of Allah S.W.T. 1=1"

Thoughts appreciated.

Er, out of context that makes no sense. I assume this is your opponent's response to the "proofs"? Is he saying "0+0=1" is only false if there is no causal agency but he believes it to be true because he believes there is a causal agency? I assume he is not 100% competent in the structure of basic English usage!

Nor in logic but that is a given considering his beliefs...
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on June 16, 2017, 03:07:09 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 16, 2017, 02:43:03 PM
Here is the response

"Los! Lies Exposed!😂

If 0 +0=0 ,

Then

Thoughts appreciated.

Er, out of context that makes no sense. I assume this is your opponent's response to the "proofs"? Is he saying "0+0=1" is only false if there is no causal agency but he believes it to be true because he believes there is a causal agency? I assume he is not 100% competent in the structure of basic English usage!

Nor in logic but that is a given considering his beliefs...
He started off by saying muslims contribute to science world wide. Then he continues by saying athiests make the argument 0+0=1 and muslims say 1=1 and asks which do you choose. He then expands the argument to the origin of the universe then tobthe origin of life. What tank showed was from his argument for the origin of life being Allah.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

^

Ah, I thought that Tank's opponent was arguing 0+0=1 from the OP since Tank asked for a proof that the sum was false.

The Muslims inherited most of their science from the Indians and the Greeks but they did advance it. As did Europe once the stopped fighting between themsekves. But their record is spotty, they destroyed as much "non-Islamic" science as they developed - like the burning of the library at Akexandria and, today, the destruction of ancient texts in the world's first university, in Timbuktu, because they are "haram".

All is measured against the Q'ran. Not a very scientific outlook. So they go from the top to the bottom of the scale.

Davin

The numbers don't make sense like this.

Let's say that 1 = fire.
The things that make fire, are not fire so they are all zero. So:

fuel = 0
Oxygen = 0
Heat = 0

So: 0 + 0 + 0 = 1 is true. As can be easily demonstrated with a match or a lighter.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on June 16, 2017, 05:46:08 PM

Let's say that 1 = fire.

fuel = 0
Oxygen = 0
Heat = 0

So: 0 + 0 + 0 = 1 is true. As can be easily demonstrated with a match or a lighter.

That looks just like a programmer's solution, where a character has whatever value, meaning or significance he or she wants it to have!

I would thing that in maths any character other than a number can have a contextual value/meaning/signifucance but never seen a case ehere a number is other than a numerical value.

Davin

Quote from: Gloucester on June 16, 2017, 05:53:54 PM
Quote from: Davin on June 16, 2017, 05:46:08 PM

Let's say that 1 = fire.

fuel = 0
Oxygen = 0
Heat = 0

That looks just like a programmer's solution, where a character has whatever value, meaning or significance he or she wants it to have!

Well, that's what that person is doing. They set life = 1 or 1 = life, then try to add not life to make up life. so I just wanted to demonstrate the flaw in that method in a way that easily shows it to be quite silly.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

His implication is that there has to be a first cause and therefore nothing + nothing can't equal something so QED Allah! He's reduced his defence to simply laughing. I don't think he's used to pig headed bastards like me.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Tank on June 16, 2017, 05:58:33 PM
His implication is that there has to be a first cause and therefore nothing + nothing can't equal something so QED Allah! He's reduced his defence to simply laughing. I don't think he's used to pig headed bastards like me.

But, but ...

Oh, forget it, got enough headaches!

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on June 16, 2017, 06:00:15 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 16, 2017, 05:58:33 PM

But, but ...

Oh, forget it, got enough headaches!
:mb lol:   :hug: Go take some photos!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 16, 2017, 02:59:37 PM
He's making a huge jump in logic there. Who is to say that 1 in the equation is Allah and not some other scientific force?

My thoughts exactly, if there is a first cause, then why would it be Allah?

I like Joe's proof - concrete and simple enough for the simple minded to grasp. I think, Tank, that you could tell him that if 0 means "not getting punched in the face" and 1, "getting punched in the face", how on earth would he get a broken nose if no one (not the member, mind, you) punched him in the face?

Joking aside, I wouldn't stress myself out with nutjobs like that. They're just not worth the heightened blood pressure.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

The Nigerian money unit is the Naira.  Ask your opponent to take 0 Nairas and add that to 0 Nairas, and see if he ever gets anything other than 0 Nairas.  That should keep him occupied for a while.
Maybe he could go to one of the poor Muslims in Nigeria and see if the poor person can add 0 to 0 and ever come up with anything but 0. If he can, he's a financial genius.