News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Sssss -- HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Recusant, June 02, 2017, 09:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Thank you to all who submitted your splendid entries for this photo challenge: "Sssss." Members may vote for up to five (5) of the photos, and also may change their votes. Voting will remain open for two weeks. I think I got all the entries, and the proper ones. If not, please PM me.  :)

1. Lark

2. hermes2015

3. Gloucester

4. Tank

5. Father Bruno

6. Recusant

7. Lark

8. hermes2015

9. Gloucester

10. Tank

11. Father Bruno

12. Recusant

13. Lark

14. hermes2015

15. Gloucester

16. Tank

17. Father Bruno

18. Recusant

19. Lark

20. hermes2015

21. Gloucester

22. Tank

23. Father Bruno

24. Recusant
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Only 4? :notsure: This is going to be a tough one!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

If somebody joins you in expressing a desire for one more vote each, I'll happily change the poll.  ;)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Lark

Great photos.  Should we explain why they were ' S' ?

Tank

Quote from: Lark on June 02, 2017, 10:52:58 PM
After the vote. Otherwise the anonymity element would disappear. I too can't wait to find the 'S' in some of them!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Thank you to the person who just reminded me that they'd submitted some entries. :d'oh!: My sincere apologies for the mistake. The OP has been revised to include them. Also, the poll has been reset to zero as well as allowing 5 votes per person. Please vote again. :redface:
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Recusant on June 02, 2017, 11:00:10 PM
Thank you to the person who just reminded me that they'd submitted some entries. :d'oh!: My sincere apologies for the mistake. The OP has been revised to include them. Also, the poll has been reset to zero as well as allowing 5 votes per person. Please vote again. :redface:

Yay!  I love voting.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

Not all of them are immediately evident of esses. Nonetheless there are wonderful photos among the entrants. A salute to all the talented people who posted their outstanding work. Please, all of you, continue the outstanding posts.

hermes2015

An excellent collection of photos this time. The standard is so high that it's a pity there can be only winner.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Tank on June 02, 2017, 10:57:25 PM
Quote from: Lark on June 02, 2017, 10:52:58 PM
After the vote. Otherwise the anonymity element would disappear. I too can't wait to find the 'S' in some of them!
A thought occurred. We can always have a guess!
1 Sunset
2 S
3 Solar eclipse
4 Sap
5 ???
6 Statue
7 Stork
8 Smith
9 Spinning wheel
10 Swallow/swift
11 Living statue
12 Statue
13 Squirrel
14 Seagull or squirty shit
15 Smoke
16 Stork
17 Street?
18 Skyline
19 Skyline
20 Shiny
21 Science
22 Sunflower
23 Spokes
24 Seahorse

What would your guess/interpretation be?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

You got one of mine right, Tank, one nearly right and two nopes.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Guardian85

Fuck!

Had a good for this one and then forgot all about it....
Well, that is what you get when you start at a day job after years of working the night shift.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Magdalena

Quote from: Guardian85 on June 04, 2017, 02:14:35 AM
Fuck!

Had a good for this one and then forgot all about it....
Well, that is what you get when you start at a day job after years of working the night shift.

:therethere:

I would've liked to see it.  :(

Can we restart again for the third time? Only 11 have voted the second time.  :shrug:
We're gonna vote again anyways.
Yes? No?
OK.
:sad sigh:

Never mind.
Sorry.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

My guesses:
1 Sunset
2 Horny S
3 Solar eclipse
4 Sap
5 Santa ???
6 Statue
7 Stork
8 Smith
9 Spinning wheel
10 Swallow/swift
11 Living statue (Honduras ??)
12 Statue
13 Squirrel
14 Seagull
15 Smoke
16 Stork
17 Street (Azores, Portugal ??)
18 Skyline
19 Snow
20 Silver
21 Stirling engine
22 Sunflower
23 Spokes
24 Seahorse
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames