News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Trumpists In Our International Midsts

Started by Bad Penny II, February 08, 2017, 11:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

The new Trump section of the forum hasn't been established yet so I'm just putting this here for now.

Are the weird politicos of your region being emboldened by the success of dear old Trumpy?

Here we had a conservative senator leave the conservative party because the conservatives weren't conservative enough.  I don't know if it's as he says, homosexuality is a slippery slope to bestiality, anyway  I don't really mind as long as the beasts don't.

Our Cory Bernardi is going to make Australia great again.
What? Is he a cricket coach?
Were we ever that great, besides at cricket?
We haven't taken a slide, we never had a George W running the place.
It must be a morality thing, I admit I've been lax.
But fk it we've always been lax, that's what being Australian is about!!!

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Firebird

Wasn't Tony Abbott somewhat similar to Bush?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Perhaps. There is one particular ultra-right piece of fascist -censored-, Jair Bolsonaro. He says he has rubbed shoulders with Trump (although this is very likely not true) and even posted a video of him congratulating Trump on the phone when that orange slime became president (which is also very likely just pretend).

Like what happened in the US, a lot of people don't take this guy seriously and say that he would never get elected, but I have my doubts.

Unlike Trump however, he is a politician through and through, not a businessman who wants to "drain the swamp" - our impeached president was doing that - so that's where they diverge.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 08, 2017, 08:21:11 PM
Perhaps. There is one particular ultra-right piece of fascist -censored-, Jair Bolsonaro. He says he has rubbed shoulders with Trump (although this is very likely not true) and even posted a video of him congratulating Trump on the phone when that orange slime became president (which is also very likely just pretend).

Like what happened in the US, a lot of people don't take this guy seriously and say that he would never get elected, but I have my doubts.

Unlike Trump however, he is a politician through and through, not a businessman who wants to "drain the swamp" - our impeached president was doing that - so that's where they diverge.   

Oh the guy was actually doing some good and the rest of the creatures in the black lagoon figured they better get rid of him before they get the boot?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Apathy on February 08, 2017, 08:33:07 PM

Oh the guy was actually doing some good and the rest of the creatures in the black lagoon figured they better get rid of him before they get the boot?

Basically that. 'He' is a she.  ;)

Many politicians were implicated in corruption scandals and so they decided to get rid of her and place one of their own in the presidential palace. It's like the country is living one of our ridiculous soap operas. I won't hijack this thread with this, I ranted about it elsewhere.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 08, 2017, 09:01:31 PM
Quote from: Apathy on February 08, 2017, 08:33:07 PM

Basically that. 'He' is a she.  ;)

Many politicians were implicated in corruption scandals and so they decided to get rid of her and place one of their own in the presidential palace. It's like the country is living one of our ridiculous soap operas. I won't hijack this thread with this, I ranted about it elsewhere.

That's what this thread is for! But oh well, you've done it already.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Firebird on February 08, 2017, 02:44:15 PM
Wasn't Tony Abbott somewhat similar to Bush?

Somewhat but a stick is somewhat like a star.
My understanding of Bush is biased and I don't really know enough to catalogue him.
My understanding of Abbot is biased but anyway...
I don't think was born of privilege, a bit above average probably.
I assume he was Catholic before he was born, became a muscular Christian, reputed to be a creep at university.
He was health minister but could do the job without imposing his beliefs, mostly.
As leader of his party he'd repeat three word slogans over and over and over and over and fkn over
Was, is he brained damaged?
He put a lot effort into constraining himself, just repeating the same mini spiel over and over.
I think he was and is a creep and the female prime minister we had didn't deserve the derision.
He didn't start any wars though and didn't trash the economy.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.