News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Teen's Death Blamed on Faith Healing

Started by Evolved, June 19, 2008, 05:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Jane"
Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "weedoch"I'd risk the wrath of an almighty to save my kids!
I suppose I would too, if I had any. Still, if my kids wanted to refuse treatment and fully understood the implications of such a decision, I would most likely support them. Un-willingly, but I'm almost sure I would.

The trouble comes, I think, when some parents see their children as extensions of themselves - "empty vessels" I think is the term. When this is the parent-child dynamic, the kid isn't viewed as having the capacity to come to a reasoned decision on their own. Instead, they are, as said above, empty vessels to be filled with your wisdom...any deviation from your teachings is seen as a failure to parent properly. So...your kid wanting medicine means you haven't trained him to have enough faith.

Very well put .I do think that parents should look at the age of the child to and their maturity.Some children are just to young to understand how their actions will effect their life.