News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Tech help

Started by Dave, January 27, 2017, 10:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Fix for Windiws 10 "User Profile Service faiied logon" message, may happen on upgrade.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/windows-10-user-profile-service-failed-sign-solved
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

There is a thread somewhere on the forum titled: what are you reading. I wanted to post there but cannot find it anywhere.  Is there a short cut method for finding a particular thread?

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on January 05, 2018, 11:32:11 PM
There is a thread somewhere on the forum titled: what are you reading. I wanted to post there but cannot find it anywhere.  Is there a short cut method for finding a particular thread?

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=14994.msg348123#msg348123

I just went to "Sesrch", entered "Reading", ticked the titles option, hit "Sesrch" and voila.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on January 05, 2018, 11:32:11 PM
This should do it. Note the tick in the "Search in topic subjects only"

The search results.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Hah! Shoulda checked for new posts before modifying by adding the graphic!

:grin:

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

WARNING

ALLOWING THE LATEST MAJOR SO-CALLED UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10 MAY ENDANGER YOUR DOCUMENTS.

Back-up everything first.

Still trying to find snything but the few docs and folders that I recently accessed.

Fucking Microshit!

Dave

Tank, Asmo, anyone

When I try to modify text on my tsbket it does not work, that below has been font changed, size changed, coliur changed, centred snd emboldened - I have to put the mods in first then type in the middle of the nest or I lose the highlighting everyvtime I try to change after typing:

As below but with all brackets complete:
[font=comic sans ms [size=36pt [color=red [center [b EXAMPLE /b] /center] /color] /size] /font]

EXAMPLE
[/color][/size][/font]

Tank

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Tank

Quote from: Dave on January 06, 2018, 10:14:01 AM
Tank, Asmo, anyone

When I try to modify text on my tsbket it does not work, that below has been font changed, size changed, coliur changed, centred snd emboldened - I have to put the mods in first then type in the middle of the nest or I lose the highlighting everyvtime I try to change after typing:

[font=comic sans ms [size=36pt [color=red [center [b EXAMPLE /b] /center] /color] /size] /font]

EXAMPLE
[/color][/size][/font]

Correct the coding is embedding order sensitive. That's the price of using free software :D

Dave

Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2018, 10:56:04 AM
Tank, Asmo, anyone

EXAMPLE
[/color][/size][/font]

Correct the coding is embedding order sensitive. That's the price of using free software :D

WTF do you find the  orrect order, or is it just SAS?

Tank

Quote from: Dave on January 06, 2018, 12:02:03 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2018, 10:56:04 AM
Tank, Asmo, anyone

EXAMPLE
[/color][/size][/font]

WTF do you find the  orrect order, or is it just SAS?

I sort of worked it out by trial and error.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2018, 10:51:31 AM
Quote from: Tom62 on January 06, 2018, 10:46:51 AM
Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2018, 10:30:58 AM
What's a 'tsbket'?

I think it is a tablet

What a pill?

:grin:

No, pillock, a tablet!

Please forgive my temper driven unedited typos...

Back to W10 so-called; seem to have found the documents, just not under "This PC/Documents" in the file tree, not sure quite how I recovered them, tried so many things!

Now backing up 29kilofiles to archive drive!