News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Abuse trials

Started by Lark, January 20, 2017, 12:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lark

Quote from: Firebird on January 20, 2017, 04:24:18 PM
There's a lot I could say, but I'm curious why you brought this up. Are you talking in general terms, or was there a specific case that caught your attention.

I had no particular interest in this, just a general thought about something which comes up quite often and sometimes seems very unfair. Like accused not being able to speak or being judged innocent but stigma likely to remain.

I am learning my way about this confusing [to me] forum and this was to see if I could start a new topic but the choice of subject is valid. This is the 2nd reply I have made to you, the first one failed and was a better reply. Never mind  :)

Lark

Quote from: Gloucester on January 21, 2017, 09:09:14 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 21, 2017, 06:22:38 PM
Yikes! A needle in they eye! I don't think I could sit through that.  :panic:
I know, the thought is terrifying, but it seems you don't feel a thing - just the vision of that pointed shiny spike approaching . . .
:devil:

I have been treated for this for around 5 years now and am very grateful for that. Going to the dentist is MUCH worse! It is all in the mind and the treatment is very quick and usually painless. Anaesthetic drops are put in the eye and a small clip holds the eye open for a couple of minutes. You do not see needle coming and it is nothing, truly, all in the mind. The clip is soon removed and off you go.

Normal sight back as soon as effect of drops wears off (you should not drive yourself there alone for this reason). For about 4 months this treatment is monthly and then for 6 maybe 8 months, weekly. It arrests progress and I recommend 100% without hesitation.

My other eye is now affected but I'm having treatment much earlier so not unduly worried as I would be without treatment. Every 2 months at the moment. I have both eyes done at same time but it is OK. More like going to hairdressers than dentist. If you need it and can get it, do not hesitate, have it. You will not regret it.

Lark

I do not understand what I have written about timing !!   To be clear     .......
Treatment is never weekly. Monthly for about 4 months  and every 6 to 8 weeks after that ie:  every 2 months.
What ever country you are in if you have eye problems seeek medical, professional help and advice.  For macular test each eye on a grid and if wavy  lines or blurring get advice ASAP.  I am a very experienced patient and happy to talk to anyone wanting any more info.  Cheers.

Dave

Quote from: Lark on January 22, 2017, 11:43:32 AM
I do not understand what I have written about timing !!   To be clear     .......
Treatment is never weekly. Monthly for about 4 months  and every 6 to 8 weeks after that ie:  every 2 months.
What ever country you are in if you have eye problems seeek medical, professional help and advice.  For macular test each eye on a grid and if wavy  lines or blurring get advice ASAP.  I am a very experienced patient and happy to talk to anyone wanting any more info.  Cheers.

Got the grid - pretty much ok so far.
What you say suggests the treatment is ongoing indefinitely? No actual cure?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Lark

re eyes.    Correct  as  far  as I lnow.  No cure bt arrests  development

No one

Society is very unforgiving. Blaming the victim is puts their collective conscience at rest, especially when the accused is a saint.
And after all, any woman who dresses provocatively is asking for it. Much like any man who wears a John Lennon shirt is asking to be shot by a crazed gunman hoping to grab the attention of his favorite actress. 

Arturo

Quote from: No one on January 24, 2017, 08:51:53 PM
Society is very unforgiving. Blaming the victim is puts their collective conscience at rest, especially when the accused is a saint.
And after all, any woman who dresses provocatively is asking for it. Much like any man who wears a John Lennon shirt is asking to be shot by a crazed gunman hoping to grab the attention of his favorite actress.

I'm not sure why this happens. When I try to tell my story, it usually ends up as "it sounds like you were stalking her" when really it seemed to be the other way around. However, as I get older, I see maybe it was all a misunderstanding.

I could go into detail about what I mean there but it would all be very embarrassing.

However, I have read this article below that may explain some of the attitudes people hold about "rape".
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolution-the-self/201206/dominant-or-submissive-paradox-power-in-sexual-relations

Now if you read it, then you will remember the part where it says that woman may "unconsciously" attract men. Now whether it is deliberate or not means nothing to me, but what I'm getting at is that people may, consciously or unconsciously, realize this themselves. And thus when they see and hear the issue, they blame the woman because accepting any other idea challenges their world view, or view of themselves.

Now one thing I think the article doesn't mention is that fantasy is not something people always want to do. One mistake people make is thinking the mind is uniform, when in fact their are many different tunnels and contradictions.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Lark