News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Yo.

Started by EvolutionCalling, June 19, 2008, 03:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvolutionCalling

Hello!  Just dropping in to give my introduction.

I'm out of Atlantic Beach, Florida and recently came out of the Atheism closet.  It's been public knowledge for about eight months now, but I have been a non-believer for several years.  I am becoming more and more vocal about my beliefs and have no reservations about debating or defending my stance.  I was just banned off the Trucker's Report Forum by their Evangelical Mods for speaking my views.  I recently separated from Active Duty in the Navy and I currently work as a Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator (I'm NOT Billy Big Rigger the Truck Driver), but I am trying to find a job as an Animal Services Officer/Cruelty Investigator.

I look forward to corresponding with all my fellow free-thinkers!  Later.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"Hello!  Just dropping in to give my introduction.

I'm out of Atlantic Beach, Florida and recently came out of the Atheism closet.  It's been public knowledge for about eight months now, but I have been a non-believer for several years.  I am becoming more and more vocal about my beliefs and have no reservations about debating or defending my stance.  I was just banned off the Trucker's Report Forum by their Evangelical Mods for speaking my views.  I recently separated from Active Duty in the Navy and I currently work as a Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator (I'm NOT Billy Big Rigger the Truck Driver), but I am trying to find a job as an Animal Services Officer/Cruelty Investigator.

I look forward to corresponding with all my fellow free-thinkers!  Later.

Hello and welcome.Shame that you were banned from the other site.But this place is that much better!Much luck on finding a job in animal services many pets need help and protection.Great to see more people coming out about their non-religious belief or shall I call it fact.Alot of the people on here are awesome and some very funny too!

Smallville

Welcome to the boards.
Two wrongs don't make a right but three left turns will.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." â€" Nietzsche
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." - Clarence Darrow

OldGit

Welcome! Good man for sticking to your principles.  Thrown out by faith-head mods = badge of honour! :hail:

SteveS

Hey EvolutionCalling - welcome to the board!

Evolved

Yo Evolution.  Gotta love the name.  Welcome to the forum!

It seems like there are different setups for animal control in each county, so you may want to explore surrounding counties, too.  You may also want to check out the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission - their officers are deputies, which is pretty cool.  Tough job, though.  Good luck with it!
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

McQ

Welcome to the forum. You'll have to get used to people liking you until you tell them that their sky pixie doesn't exist. It's a common problem with agnostics and atheists. You can be the best human being they've ever met. But then you tell them that you don't believe in a god and "Bang!" You're gone.

Except here, of course!  :D
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Asmodean

Welcome!

I've been booted from a site or three for being openly atheist myself. Their loss, as I see it  :cool:

:beer:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

myleviathan

Another fellow Floridian! I think there are three of us active in this forum. Represent! I'm on the other coast in Fort Myers. Congrats on taking your atheism public.

They have evangelical mods on a trucker's forum?? Seriously?? Wow.

I post fairly regularly on a Christian forum. If you're not a christian there are only two sections you can post in. The "Christian Answers" forum, and their equivalent of the laid back lounge, where the moderators will delete anything more than casual coversation. The rest of the site is off limits for non-christians. I kind of hate them. But I go there and try to reason with them, although I really don't know why because they don't listen to any reason. And they don't understand the concept of objective history. I try to be the 'civil atheist', even though I want to just drop some fuck bombs on them. I guess it's good for atheist awareness, either way.

Anyway - welcome.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Whitney

Hi EvolutionCalling, welcome to the forum.

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum, EvolutionCalling.  And thanks for sharing a bit of background with us.

EvolutionCalling

Wow, thanks for all the welcomes!  I am definitely glad to be here.  

Evolve, thanks for the advice.  I used to work for the FWC in the fisheries division, their LEOs are top notch and great people but I had my law enforcement fun in the Navy, now I just want to be the guy who tells the officer who to put the cuffs on.

Myleviathan, glad to see there are other Floridians here as well.  The trucking industry is highly Evangelical, they love to share their faith with you and then go grab a lot lizard to celebrate.  They love it even more when you point of their "sins" to them.   :rant:

Again, thanks to everybody!   I was posting on another Atheist forum before I found this one and they seem to be the Atheist equivalent of Evangelicals.  Several "nu uh" type conversations have already taken place in various threads.  Anyway, glad to be here!

myleviathan

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"The trucking industry is highly Evangelical, they love to share their faith with you and then go grab a lot lizard to celebrate.

I don't know what a lot lizard is. Do I want to?
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

MommaSquid

Quote from: "myleviathan"
Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"The trucking industry is highly Evangelical, they love to share their faith with you and then go grab a lot lizard to celebrate.

I don't know what a lot lizard is. Do I want to?

Link

Will

Okay, so it took me a little over a week, but I've managed to tone down the conservative bias on the Trucker's Report Politics Forum considerably. Another week or so and it will be safe for liberals, and possibly atheists.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.