News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Third World America?

Started by Dave, December 29, 2016, 06:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

:notsure:  If the US is becoming more like third world America then what does that say about the actual third world america?

While like any large country there could be a lot of heterogeneity I don't think they're fully there just yet.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 21, 2017, 12:22:58 AM
:notsure:  If the US is becoming more like third world America then what does that say about the actual third world america?

While like any large country there could be a lot of heterogeneity I don't think they're fully there just yet.
I don't think the phrase was coined to include the whole nation: "Poor America" or "The American Underclasses" also works but has less "punch". But all nations have their contrasts, no more so than India. Is India 1st, 2nd or 3rd world? It has billionaires and millions who sleep in the streets with less rights than the cows.

It is the case thst America is, currently, the world's largest evonomy and has the largest investment in armed forces. And a habit of shouting out loud just how great it is, how it has a "Dream", how it is the "Land of the Free" etc. Freedom has two edges.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74