News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Weird things Norwegians do

Started by xSilverPhinx, January 10, 2017, 01:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

A-ha.

I understand the musical group "A-ha", are considered national icons in Norway, and that Norwegians are also quick to point out the band had several top ten hits and that they weren't simply a one hit wonder whose only real success was the hit 'Take on me"

Not sure what the other top ten hits were, and you can't force me to look, however. Here it is.

Great video by the way, an icon of the classic 80's rock videos. (Especially the animation)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote"The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)" is an electronic dance novelty song and viral video by Norwegian comedy duo Ylvis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_(What_Does_the_Fox_Say%3F)

I don't think it's weird. It's funny.  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

philosoraptor

What is a cloudberry?  Why is it called that?  Why are Norwegians so desperate for berries that they are apparently going into the atmosphere (asmosphere?) to get them?
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Guardian85

Quote from: philosoraptor on January 15, 2017, 07:20:32 PM
What is a cloudberry?  Why is it called that?  Why are Norwegians so desperate for berries that they are apparently going into the atmosphere (asmosphere?) to get them?

A sweet berry that grows in marches. Often used in desserts or just eaten as is. Its English name comes from its vague resemblance of a cloud. The etymology of its Norwegian name (multe) escapes me.
My family owns some land where a decent amount of them grow. Visitors will be offered to sample them.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

I would totally squish a cloudberry. :tellmemore:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

When it comes to music, we are also pretty good at the heavier sort of Metal, and then there is Røyksopp, an Electronica/Electropop duo who do much better abroad than they do in Norway. Also, there's Ane Brun, Sissel Kyrkjebø and... Well, for only having about five million inhabitants, Norway does have a name or two on the world music stage. Some of those names are pretty talented too.

Cloudberries usually thrive in mosquito-infested outdoorsy areas, so The Asmo... Avoids.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.