News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Something we can all agree on pets.

Started by afreethinker30, June 17, 2008, 05:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smallville

afreethinker30:
"Sorry about their passing.But I'm sure they were very lucky to have had you as a owner.I keep seeing so many people who get a cat or dog and then just leave it to fend for itself.Really nice to see people who treat animals with respect."

Thanks. But an owner? I've never owned an animal.
Cats deign to tolerate us (from their attitude :) ) and dogs are our companions.
I agree with you about the irresponsible people who 'adopt' pets because it's a cool status symbol at the moment or they don't think about the responsiblities involved in their care. They are the ones who quickly abandon or give away their pets. They are the ones I despise.
While I may not 'believe' many things that the religious folk do, I do believe that by virtue of who and what we are that we are wardens of planet Earth and everything on and in it. I think that natural resources are here for our use and enjoyment, not abuse; that we should take care of all life; that we should take care of the planet. I'm not a tree-hugger activist but I'm not also someone who imprudently endorses exploiting natural resources. I'll get down from my soapbox now.
Two wrongs don't make a right but three left turns will.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." â€" Nietzsche
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." - Clarence Darrow

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Smallville"afreethinker30:
"Sorry about their passing.But I'm sure they were very lucky to have had you as a owner.I keep seeing so many people who get a cat or dog and then just leave it to fend for itself.Really nice to see people who treat animals with respect."

Thanks. But an owner? I've never owned an animal.
Cats deign to tolerate us (from their attitude :) ) and dogs are our companions.
I agree with you about the irresponsible people who 'adopt' pets because it's a cool status symbol at the moment or they don't think about the responsiblities involved in their care. They are the ones who quickly abandon or give away their pets. They are the ones I despise.
While I may not 'believe' many things that the religious folk do, I do believe that by virtue of who and what we are that we are wardens of planet Earth and everything on and in it. I think that natural resources are here for our use and enjoyment, not abuse; that we should take care of all life; that we should take care of the planet. I'm not a tree-hugger activist but I'm not also someone who imprudently endorses exploiting natural resources. I'll get down from my soapbox now.

Yeah, I did get that wrong.But I think more like my pets own me.I tend to spoil them but they are well behaved.I use to foster animals before I had my children.I was amazed at the different types of animals that people buy and throw away.Even those like Hermit Crabs and fish.People seem to think that because a animal can not speak, or do things that we do that means the are lesser then humans.
I am a bit of a tree hugger but I don't take it to extremes like some do.My hubsand works for a company looking to rid the world of its dependence on oil.They are working on ways to use natural resources to make fuel.Right now they are testing chicken fat,corn and soybeans.Well chicken fat isn't naturally there but alot of restraunts use the fat to fry food and it can be bought cheaply.

myleviathan

My cat has had many names over the past few years. Trash Can, Turdzilla, Gargyle (not to be confused with gargoyle), but mostly we call her Mao. She's definitely got a unique personality (I'm not just saying this because I'm a cat person). She is very communicative with her meows - you can tell if she's happy, sad, excited, wants attention... and she loves people. Kind of a strange cat, but lots of fun.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

Jane

Aw! I love Mao's pink nose :)

This is The Mip

Asmodean

Well, what do you know... I finds another l0lcat worth mentioning :D

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

myleviathan

Quote from: "Jane"Aw! I love Mao's pink nose

Yeah - her nose is always in indicator of trouble. The pinkness corresponds to her naughtiness. The pinker it is, the naughtier she gets.
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

joeactor

Quote from: "myleviathan"She is very communicative with her meows - you can tell if she's happy, sad, excited, wants attention... and she loves people.
I recall reading a study on the variety of sounds that dogs and cats make.

The most interesting result to me was that cats make only slightly more sounds than dogs - when they're around other cats.  When they're around humans, cats have an expanded list of sounds they use to communicate.

Symbiotic, is it not?
JoeActor

P.S. Yesterday, I was a hedgehog... no, really.

Jane

you were a hedgehog?  Did you get better?

afreethinker30

After a night of boredom and way to much time on my hands I made this.My fuzzy friends even had their own channel on live video.But I kept getting stuck in other people's affairs on there and canceled the account.I guess this could be crossed into the media section to.
[youtube:3450ueov]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUczqKaDNAk[/youtube:3450ueov]

joeactor

Quote from: "Jane"you were a hedgehog?  Did you get better?
Hee hee!

Nope, I then changed into a crow, frog, goose, and a bear (it's bearly possible)

I had some fun recording animated animal voices for a game due out later this year.

My wife says I'm an animal anyway ;-)
JoeActor

p.s. afreethinker - Very amusing and creative!  I'll look out for the series this fall...

afreethinker30

Quote from: "joeactor"
Quote from: "Jane"you were a hedgehog?  Did you get better?
Hee hee!

Nope, I then changed into a crow, frog, goose, and a bear (it's bearly possible)

I had some fun recording animated animal voices for a game due out later this year.

My wife says I'm an animal anyway ;-)
JoeActor

p.s. afreethinker - Very amusing and creative!  I'll look out for the series this fall...

I have my creative moments. :borg:

Asmodean

Quote from: "joeactor"Nope, I then changed into a crow, frog, goose, and a bear (it's bearly possible)

The power of CHRIST commands you, Sorcerer!!!  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

afreethinker30

Quote"Shape Shifting Spell"
For this spell you will need:

1 white feather (transformation)
peppermint oil (transformation)
green candle (new energies)

Every morning before you go to school rub a few drops of the peppermint oil into the candle and light. Gaze at the flame holding the white feather in your hands as you say:

"I transform, I adapt
The power's mine
I can act
Brilliantly in every role
That is required to be whole"

Say this three times really focusing on the power of the words fuelled further by the element of fire and the intensity of the transformative essence of the oil.

joeactor

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "joeactor"Nope, I then changed into a crow, frog, goose, and a bear (it's bearly possible)
The power of CHRIST commands you, Sorcerer!!!  :D
Yeah, I'm in league with Barney (the purple dino who summons).

Lemme tell ya, it's tough paring down to the size of a frog...