News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

I Hate Rap

Started by Kekerusey, September 26, 2016, 01:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Yeah we like to wield guns. And when one goes off, we blame the individual, instead of the surrounding situations we helped create. Like systemic issues where blacks and latinos still mostly live in the worst possible places in the country because of segregation and racist housing agendas from the "best generation". Racial profiling is still a thing because of Stop and Frisk. (Which happens to be a form of legal harassment).

Another thing that concerns me is the inherent weaknesses in the mentality of human being's and how people's testimony is the highest form of evidence in the courts, and even higher if you're a cop. Human beings are flawed, the phrase "nobody's perfect" comes to mind, yet cops get some sort of special status in society.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Pasta Chick

Even without risk of being directly killed, systemic prejudice is still a major problem and needs to be called out. And that goes for all of them, not just racism. I would think this would be blantantly obviously on an atheist forum, at least on the US end, where polls show that a majority of Americans are more comfortable with literally any other minority group holding political office than atheists. And not by a small margin. (But obviously rich old Christian white men are most popular).

That shit matters. Micro aggressions are, again, well documented and it's very well known that they are extremely harmful.

No one

Hating someone because they are different, makes you a dick!

Asmodean

Quote from: No one on October 09, 2016, 04:04:11 PM
No, that's pretty much the only reason for hate, some of which is valid enough.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

I don't have a single rap tune on my play list. I don't enjoy rap.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on October 09, 2016, 05:08:25 PM
I don't have a single rap tune on my play list. I don't enjoy rap.
I don't even have a cell phone, and if I did, I wouldn't know how to create a playlist... :shifty: ...so embarrassing.

Anyways...

xSilverPhinx said:
"To be honest, I wasn't aware that rap was so strongly associated with black culture in the USA, with such implications."
Looking at it from outside of the USA, were you aware of this?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

No one:

Asmodean:
No, that's pretty much the only reason for hate, some of which is valid enough

I don't hate anyone for being different than me, you're supposed to be. I hate people, flat out!

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on October 08, 2016, 07:11:48 AM
What do you mean "Why is The Asmo beset with gloom?"

He's The Asmo. He IS gloom.  :???:

Hey, Asmito, you've been on my mind since yesterday hommie...

Check it out...

My 5-year-old son learned the song, Four Hugs A Day, by Charlotte Diamond, when he was in preschool. It goes like this:
Four Hugs a Day, that's the minimum
Four Hugs a Day, not the maximum
Four Hugs a Day, that's the minimum
Four Hugs a Day, not the maximum

Yesterday I hugged him and sang the song, and he said to me...
"Mom, four hugs a day, is the MAXIMUM!"
I did this, inside:
"Asmo!!!! He has done this!!! Why!!!???"  :grrr:

If I maybe, sorta, kinda, offended someone here with my words, and this is my punishment for it, then I accept it. 

:felix:
My child is not a hugger.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Quote from: No one on October 09, 2016, 06:21:38 PM
I don't hate anyone for being different than me, you're supposed to be. I hate people, flat out!
Yes, that's good and well. However, what you said was that hating people for being different makes you a dick. Why else would you hate a person, unless you also happen to hate yourself?

I'll give you a slightly extreme, yet highly illustrative example; it's not socially unacceptable to hate terrorists. Some of them may well be the same sex as you, have the same education... Possibly even the same goals and dreams. Except that they are terrorists, which makes them different from you and you hate them for it. It doesn't always make you a dick to hate that, which is different.

(Edited example to remove the intellectual exercise of following the implied causal links -Asmo)

Quote from: Magdalena on October 10, 2016, 01:05:20 AM
Yesterday I hugged him and sang the song, and he said to me...
"Mom, four hugs a day, is the MAXIMUM!"
I did this, inside:
"Asmo!!!! He has done this!!! Why!!!???"  :grrr:

If I maybe, sorta, kinda, offended someone here with my words, and this is my punishment for it, then I accept it. 

:felix:
My child is not a hugger.
Yes, yes... Blame El Asmojito!  >:(

I mean... All He did was maybe encourage a decrease in the amount of hugging by suggesting - in passing - a new lifetime hug maximum which may have gotten misinterpreted by those not well versed in His Divine Verses to become a mandated daily hug amount. No more, no less. And did He ever say anything about not accepting less? Hm?! HM?!  >:( He would be grumpily pleased with less.  >:(

*muttering*

I'm not a hugger either, although I do know people (of both sexes, it must be added in the year of The Asmo 2016, so as not to conjure up images of women only in the readers' minds) who are. Some have out-grown it though, but I do have friends and acquaintances who seek physical contact. Some of them are exempt from my strictly enforced private zone rules, others... Make for some awkward moments every now and then, but they don't seem to care. Good for them, I say.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

No one:

Asmodean:
Yes, that's good and well. However, what you said was that hating people for being different makes you a dick. Why else would you hate a person, unless you also happen to hate yourself?

I'll give you a slightly extreme, yet highly illustrative example; it's not socially unacceptable to hate terrorists. Some of them may well be the same sex as you, have the same education... Possibly even the same goals and dreams. Except that they are terrorists, which makes them different from you and you hate them for it. It doesn't always make you a dick to hate that, which is different.

I think you are looking far to deep and being way too literal. When I talk about hating people for being different than yourself, I am referring to what people have no control over. You have no control over what skin color you are born with. You have no control over where you are born. You have no control over what sex you are born. You have no control over what sex you attracted to. So yes, if you hate someone simply because they have darker skin than you, you are a dick. If you're a dude and you hate dudes that like other dudes, you are a dick. If you hate people and would even kill them because their religious beliefs are not the same as yours' you are a dick amongst dicks! Terrorists, are a rare and extreme breed of dick! My hatred for the terrorist (of any kind) is not their lopsided, misguided view, but their actions. Anyone is free to believe whatever they want no matter how mindless, vulgar, or barbaric it may be. I don't hate you for what you think, I hate you for what you are, a human.

As I have said, I hate people in general. I fucking hate the human being, they are truly awful creatures. They make me sick. I hate people, every last mother fucking one of them! I hate myself, most of all!

Asmodean

Quote from: No one on October 10, 2016, 11:44:07 AM
I think you are looking far to deep and being way too literal.
It's a character flaw. One among many, but a prominent one. If you think that that's what I'm doing, then you are usually correct.

QuoteWhen I talk about hating people for being different than yourself, I am referring to what people have no control over.
Ah, yes! The division of people into "us" and "them" based on genetic traits... It works, but not so well when it's informed solely by ignorance. I'm with you on that one.

As I have said, I hate people in general. I fucking hate the human being, they are truly awful creatures. They make me sick. I hate people, every last mother fucking one of them! I hate myself, most of all!
Color me fascinated. I think I may well be incapable of experiencing hate, as it is too strong an emotion for me to process, but in others, I find it curious.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.