News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

I Hate Rap

Started by Kekerusey, September 26, 2016, 01:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Kekerusey on October 05, 2016, 08:24:12 PM
...I wouldn't say it in a room full of black people I didn't know because, guess what, I'm not stupid.
:sad sigh:
I rest my case.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

So I was slumming around the neighborhood and thought I would pop my head into the window at "Ole HAF" and see what the hell's been going on lately,...and I'm like holy shit man!

"Like there's is some fucking shit "going down here"!

I mean I was walking by and thought I saw:

"I hate rap...rap,rap, rap,... rappity fucking rap...I mean this rap crap really fucking annoys me for some reason I just haven't been able to put my finger on yet."

"Fucking Rap"

But you know what I hear is:

I hate young, urban black males and all that they stand for.
Since it is not acceptable for me to say I hate young black urban males and all that they stand for, it is acceptable for me to say I hate rap, so...I hate rap. (Fucking Political Correctness Shit)

I mean White people really love to debate whether rap is music or not, don't they.

Many white people seem to constantly degrade rap for a supposed lack of musical notes, or for only having a beat, for being classified more as poetry than music (Though they'll add that said poetry sucks, isn't even poetry).

They even get on about the lyrics ("It's all chest thumping and degrading women shit," etc....).

But seriously man, I've never heard these same folk wonder if Beethoven is music. If punk rock is music. If heavy metal is music. If country is music, or as Mags said that "Aryan White Racist Crap" called White Power Rock is fucking music.

Nope, never hear or see them post it, you could go on a hundred fucking forums (Especially all white atheist forums), and you won't see it, nope,... not one fucking time.

You won't see them get all down about how hateful and evil this shit is either, no sir...nada, nothing.

White power music

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's so mother-fucking easy to find ways to discount other genres of music too. If you define music as having lyrics, then classical, some jazz or meditation music is out.

If you define music as an aurally pleasant string of notes, then a lot of punk, heavy metal and industrial shit is out too.

If you classify music as requiring a strong back beat, country would generally be out, along with a lot of alternative music.

Any musical genre can be discounted in some form or fashion, and yet rap is the only musical genre I have ever heard white people debate, or post about on forums. (Just once I like to see a thread titled, "I Hate Polka", or "I Hate Fucking Abba")

Of course there's this whole idea it's nothing more than, "Chest thumping and degrading women" don't you know with regards to the music and the lyrics.

While many rap lyrics do contain these themes, many other genres of music do the exact same shit.

Older rock music was full of lyrics about living a fucking life of drugs, sex, violence and rock and roll, where women were nothing but mere groupies and sex objects to write songs home to mother about.

(Apparently some middle-aged white dude singing about banging a high school girl is cool, amirite?).

Fucking Country music can be just as bad. (A lot of it sucks Royal Canadian Dick anyway)

Seriously is there some fucking musical blinder that white people wear so they can't see this?

Is this common criticism a case of, "I don't like rap music (Which maybe means, I don't like black people), therefore I can find more stuff wrong with it than the music I love and listen to"?

These fucking white people are rarely willing to recognize the huge amount of talent that most rap music requires.

They won't even acknowledge it in the slightest fucking bit, nope.

It's "black people music" which is only about drugs, sex and violence...I don't want to hear this rap either, not while I'm out driving, or walking my dog, or even pumping gas. (That last one will get you shot and killed too, remember Jordan Davis from Florida a few years back who was shot and killed by that racist, no good convicted punk ass fucking-thug, Michael Dunn?)

It's "not even music," in which case the complainer can never seem to decide what it is, if not music.

Apparently it's only the drudging, horrific and terrible sounds made by the likes of lesser mammals.

How do you defend a statement like "Lesser Mammals" when you are referring to POC, seriously how? Can you imagine anyone in the media referring to rap in this way? They'd fucking lose their job in a second. (Oh no, not more of that "Political Fucking Correctness Crap", and hey, What about my "Freeze Peaches, I gotts to have my "Fucking Freeze Peaches", and you just go on and get that fucking "Race Card" outta my face, you hear me?! If I say them folks is lesser mammals, well shit mother-fucker that don't mean I don't like em' or I'm racist, shit some of my best friends are black, hell I just love me some R & B and Gladys Night and the Pimps!)

But hey, you white folk carry on here with this shit, Cuz' seriously like I gotta get going, but hey nice seeing everyone!

Adios Amigos
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Bruno de la Pole! My dear, dear, white/Gringo friend! It's so good to see you!  :hug:
As you can see, it's like bees around a beehive! But I'm alive!
There is so much power behind truth and love.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

...Oh! And your post, Bruno de la Pole..."Dayyyyyym!"

No one

I am a racist in the true sense of the word. There is only one race of people on this planet, human. I hate them all!

And rap still sucks. No matter what shade your skin is. You could be an orange with purple polka dot rapper, and you'd still suck!

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Kekerusey on October 05, 2016, 07:34:22 PM
You're a fucking idiot...

You hate rap? That's fine. You call a fellow member an idiot? That's not OK. I don't see how that comment was in any way necessary, and it doesn't make your points any more or less valid.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Nice to see you again Bruno!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

BRUNO!!!

With subtle Nugent bashing and everything!

I missed my chance to drop a mic while I was at work, so I'll drop one for Bruno.

Also, I fucking love rap. I always have. And the whole time I've loved it, it's bothered me to no end that so many around me put it down for being trashy or violent or whatever else when IF YOU ACTUALLY LISTEN TO IT there is so much to it.

I also love country, rock, opera, all of it... Music is amazing. And I listen to grindcore (although I'm not sure one can love grindcore...?)

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Kekerusey

Fuck off Davin you stupid cunt!

Consider me banned ... I'm outta here!

J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Asmodean

Well... A lot of catching up to do in this thread, it appears. We should do racism theme more often. It's like saying "abortion" at the wrong church, apparently. A good deal to respond to, so... I'll start at this point here;

Quote from: Davin on October 05, 2016, 03:02:58 PM
Maybe you need to look again at how the "lesser mammals" term was used:

Quote from: Icarus on September 27, 2016, 01:52:58 AM
Rap is not music! It is bleating noise made by lesser mammals.. Intelligent Rap??  Crude poetry can not masquerade as music.
Yes, well... I've sort of moved beyond the original statement and the scope of the post containing it. Also, knowing how these things go, I did define the realm to which my comment applied clearly enough. It was only marginally narrower (By my standards, of course) than in the post I replied to, but within the same contextual framework, which was not the same as that you refer to. Thus, I recognize your point as generally valid, but quite beside mine.

As opposed to yodeling, which actually sounds like bleating, though I wouldn't call yodelers "lesser mammals."
You wouldn't? Some of them might well be. "Lesser mammals" is too broad a term though; perhaps "lesser humans" would be  better? A "lesser mammal" calls for the question of "As compared to what [other mammal]?" Answering "Elvis" or some such (As opposed to human, dolphin or, say, monkey) would be specific beyond the scope of the question. My version only calls for comparison within the species. Then, given a few criteria here and there, some humans are less compared to others.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Asmodean

Quote from: Davin on October 05, 2016, 08:42:19 PM

Why do you need black friends not to be a racist? What if you live in a place where 998 out of a thousand people are as Chinese as you and the other two are from Portugal? Are you then a racist by default?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on October 06, 2016, 07:48:08 AM
Why do you need black friends not to be a racist? What if you live in a place where 998 out of a thousand people are as Chinese as you and the other two are from Portugal? Are you then a racist by default?

You don't need black friends to not be racist, but, at least in America, saying "I'm not a racist because I have black friends" is highly suspect as it's usually said to excuse something extremely racist the speaker has said or done.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

Oh! Yes, I see the word play involved here now. It is suspect that any one would feel obligated to justify their non-racism beyond stating it unless specifically asked to. In fact, I think even the statement "I'm not a racist" can be suspect depending on context. It sort of screams for a "but," does it not?

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.