News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

I Hate Rap

Started by Kekerusey, September 26, 2016, 01:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kekerusey

Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2016, 04:21:39 PMMy goodness...child!
Really!?
Hate! Hate! Hate! 
:blahblah:

No, not a child ... a deliberate choice. Whether you approve or not, my use of the English language is perfectly aceptable. That you find it offensive says rather more about you than it does me.

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

No one

Rap is awful. Absolutely awful. One of the worst sounds there is. It is complete garbage! It sucks! I would rather be dipped in honey and fed to fire ants than willfully listen to rap, as I am positive it would be less painful. Rap sucks, yesterday, today , tomorrow, and forever and ever and ever!

Magdalena

Quote from: Kekerusey on October 05, 2016, 05:17:31 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2016, 04:21:39 PMMy goodness...child!
Really!?
Hate! Hate! Hate! 
:blahblah:

No, not a child ... a deliberate choice. Whether you approve or not, my use of the English language is perfectly aceptable. That you find it offensive says rather more about you than it does me.

Keke
Did I say the amount of hate that's in your heart offends me? No. It just amazes me!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on October 05, 2016, 05:21:49 PM
Rap is awful. Absolutely awful. One of the worst sounds there is. It is complete garbage! It sucks! I would rather be dipped in honey and fed to fire ants than willfully listen to rap, as I am positive it would be less painful. Rap sucks, yesterday, today , tomorrow, and forever and ever and ever!
No one! Wow!
You finally came!  :grin:
I knew you had been lurking around here... ;D
I already knew you "hate rap." You didn't have to say all that and in such a descriptive manner. It has been clear since day one, but some some reason, (must be a witch--thing  :notsure:) I'm OK with you not liking it, so I will not argue with you about it. Maybe someone else would like to.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: No one on October 05, 2016, 05:21:49 PM
It could be worse, it could be Rush for instance.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Kekerusey

Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2016, 05:33:31 PMDid I say the amount of hate that's in your heart offends me? No. It just amazes me!

Have you been reading the bible again? Did no one tell you the bible gets an "F" for anatomy? There is no hate in my heart, my heart is a pump, granted a fairly sophisticated little beastie, but still basically a pump. My mind (and the seat of my emotions) is hosted by my brain and, whilst I accept my heart responds to the emotional dictates of my mind, there is no emotion in that organ whatsoever.

That said, and I return to my grammatical argument, the Oxford English dictionary (pretty much the definitive dictionary of English, it even spells "colour" and "defence" correctly) defines "hate", amongst other definitions, as having "a strong aversion to (something)" for example:

"He hates flying" or [with infinitive] "I'd hate to live there."

Since it finds that OK I reiterate that I am, despite your amazement (how quaint), perfectly correct in my grammatical use of the English language to say, "I hate cheeseburgers", I hate [a given] web site" or, as I said at the start of this thread, "I hate rap". That you apparently dislike my use of it (or in some way object to it) only makes doing so all the more entertaining :)

Keke

Magdalena

Quote from: Kekerusey on October 05, 2016, 06:06:31 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2016, 05:33:31 PMDid I say the amount of hate that's in your heart offends me? No. It just amazes me!

Have you been reading the bible again? Did no one tell you the bible gets an "F" for anatomy? There is no hate in my heart, my heart is a pump, granted a fairly sophisticated little beastie, but still basically a pump. My mind (and the seat of my emotions) is hosted by my brain and, whilst I accept my heart responds to the emotional dictates of my mind, there is no emotion in that organ whatsoever.

That said, and I return to my grammatical argument, the Oxford English dictionary (pretty much the definitive dictionary of English, it even spells "colour" and "defence" correctly) defines "hate", amongst other definitions, as having "a strong aversion to (something)" for example:

"He hates flying" or [with infinitive] "I'd hate to live there."

Since it finds that OK I reiterate that I am, despite your amazement (how quaint), perfectly correct in my grammatical use of the English language to say, "I hate cheeseburgers", I hate [a given] web site" or, as I said at the start of this thread, "I hate rap". That you apparently dislike my use of it (or in some way object to it) only makes doing so all the more entertaining :)

Keke

Magdalena

I am a Latina woman who Loves Blacks. Oops! Did I say that? My bad. Again...I Love rap. Saying that in a mostly all white male club, such as this one, has been like this:

I would love to see all of you, who "Hate Blacks" Oops! Did I say that? My bad. Again...I would love to see of you, who "Hate Rap" go start this topic in an all black forum.

Davin

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/heart

Quote1.2 The heart regarded as the centre of a person's thoughts and emotions, especially love or compassion.

Quote1.3 [mass noun]One's mood or feeling.

Huh, I guess the Oxford English dictionary (I heard someone say it was the definitive English dictionary), does support the way Mags used the term "heart." Now I'll leave a condescending and sardonic remark and...

Edit: Also, http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/85068
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

:grin:

Pasta Chick, would you like to drop a mike?

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2016, 02:28:33 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on October 05, 2016, 07:55:49 AM
I disagree with neither the wording nor the content of what you said. Some people just don't seem to care that their rights end where others' rights begin. "Lesser mammals" is an appropriate description for those, as is "insensitive mongrels."

Also, I have half a mind of starting yet another discussion on the ease with which the racism card gets played these days, but... Maybe another time. I'll join in if someone else wants a whack at that tired old piñata.
My dear, Asmo:smileshake:
You are a white Norwegian, what do you know about the "racism card that gets played these days?" If you would like to discuss this topic, please start a: I Hate White Power Rock--thread. It stands against everything you believe, right?

Asmo is a gray Norwegian.  He understands both black and white.

Kekerusey

Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2016, 06:23:08 PMI would love to see all of you, who "Hate Blacks" Oops! Did I say that? My bad. Again...I would love to see of you, who "Hate Rap" go start this topic in an all black forum.

You're a fucking idiot because your remarks imply that people like me hate blacks when nothing could be further from the truth .... I have no special affinity to people of any race (although I do of creed, I'm an atheist). I explicitly said I used to be a soul boy and into Motown, Stax, soul, funk and jazz funk (including early rap like The Sugar Hill Gang and Kurtis Blow) before I eventually left it because I basically hate today's incarnation of rap.

And if you want to talk Latino (apologies if I have that wrong), I absolutely love these guys:

I suppose the reason I like it is because it's mellow and as much because of jazz/funk/rock mix as anything though, to be fair, I just like them as a group.

Keke

Magdalena

Quote from: Kekerusey on October 05, 2016, 07:34:22 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2016, 06:23:08 PMI would love to see all of you, who "Hate Blacks" Oops! Did I say that? My bad. Again...I would love to see of you, who "Hate Rap" go start this topic in an all black forum.

You're a fucking idiot...

How quaint!  ;D

Come on, Keke....I did say, "Oops!"  :eyeroll:

It was a slip of the pen (or the tongue), you know, it happens sometimes.

Maybe it was wrong of me to imply that you/or anyone else is a hateful racist, but I did mean it when I implied that those who post, "I Hate Rap" in an all white male forum are cowards.

One more thing, I believe hate is contagious, I will not be infected by yours, I'm sorry. You seem to be looking for someone to help you carry it, normally, I would help you, but today, I don't feel like it.

(OK. I did drop the mike already, but I will pick it up one more time...)
If I am mistaken, then you start the: I Hate White Power Rock--thread

Edit: Sorry, I keep making grammatical errors, I just corrected another one. English is not my first language.  :shifty:

Kekerusey

Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2016, 08:07:01 PMIt was a slip of the pen (or the tongue), you know, it happens sometimes.

Maybe it was wrong of me to imply that you/or anyone else is a hateful racist, but I did meant it when I implied that those who post, "I Hate Rap" in an all white male forum are cowards.

I have absolutely no idea what colour anyone is in this fucking forum ... we all hide behind handles and pictures and if there is a place/forum/thread where this is done I haven't bothered to read it. I would post the same comment anywhere on the net and I would say it straight to any of my black friends. I wouldn't say it in a room full of black people I didn't know because, guess what, I'm not stupid.

Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2016, 08:07:01 PMOne more thing, I believe hate is contagious, I will not be infected by yours, I'm sorry. You seem to be looking for someone to help you carry it, normally, I would help you, but today, I don't feel like it.

I refer you to my earlier OED defintion.

Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2016, 08:07:01 PM(OK. I did drop the mike already, but I will pick it up one more time...)
If I am mistaken, then you start the: I Hate White Power Rock--thread

I think they are scum but for you, the absolutely most contemptuos shitheads in existence ... why do you I hate so many of my countrymen following "Brexit?" but do it for you?  Why the hell should I?

You want someone at your beck and call? Go find yourself a cabana boy.

Keke

Davin