News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

I Hate Rap

Started by Kekerusey, September 26, 2016, 01:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

I disagree with neither the wording nor the content of what you said. Some people just don't seem to care that their rights end where others' rights begin. "Lesser mammals" is an appropriate description for those, as is "insensitive mongrels."

Also, I have half a mind of starting yet another discussion on the ease with which the racism card gets played these days, but... Maybe another time. I'll join in if someone else wants a whack at that tired old piñata.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Kekerusey

Quote from: Icarus on October 05, 2016, 07:42:11 AMOne last explanation and I am outta' this thread.

There.  That is enough of my explanatory missive. I have apologized if I have offended my peers here on HAF. I have not apologized for inventing labels for insensitive mongrels who intentionally and gleefully disturb the peace.  ..........have a nice day......

I get it ... I have, on ocassion, been heard to say (or even yell) things like, "Turn it up, they can't hear it in China" to the odd person driving vehicles like that.

That's not to say I don't like loud music in my car, I do but I have a fairly ordinary MP3 stereo, loud enough to disguise my godawful "singing" voice ... it is, I will admit, terribly good to sing along to :)

My wife thinks it's loud but it doesn't compare (not even close) to some of the systems driven around our neighbourhood. I will, of course, know when I get myself a stereo that, "Goes to 11" :)

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Pasta Chick

None of that is remotely a problem with RAP though. It's a problem with people being assholes. Which is my entire fucking point (oopsie, a bad word from a sugar and spice nice little girl  ::))

I live on the end of a secondary road that connects the more rural side of town with the main road to the cities. Which leads to a crapton of altered motorcycles and cars speeding past my back yard (which is also a school zone btw). It's also the cross trail for the major snowmobile trail in the area, which means I have a ton of assholes on quads and dirt bikes illegally tearing through my front yard on a regular basis. They tend to be covered in numetal/alternative decals, or actively blaring some sort of rock music. Yet somehow, not only have I not written off an entire genre, I still actively enjoy parts of it on a daily basis, and just hate assholes who speed around illegally making a ton of noise.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on October 05, 2016, 07:55:49 AM
I disagree with neither the wording nor the content of what you said. Some people just don't seem to care that their rights end where others' rights begin. "Lesser mammals" is an appropriate description for those, as is "insensitive mongrels."

Also, I have half a mind of starting yet another discussion on the ease with which the racism card gets played these days, but... Maybe another time. I'll join in if someone else wants a whack at that tired old piñata.
My dear, Asmo:smileshake:
You are a white Norwegian, what do you know about the "racism card that gets played these days?" If you would like to discuss this topic, please start a: I Hate White Power Rock--thread. It stands against everything you believe, right?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on October 05, 2016, 07:42:11 AM
One last explanation and I am outta' this thread.

I do reckon that I have offended Mags and perhaps others. For that, I am sorry.

OK

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 05, 2016, 12:55:03 PM
None of that is remotely a problem with RAP though. It's a problem with people being assholes. Which is my entire fucking point (oopsie, a bad word from a sugar and spice nice little girl  ::))
:lol:

Davin

Quote from: Icarus on October 05, 2016, 07:42:11 AM
One last explanation and I am outta' this thread.

I do reckon that I have offended Mags and perhaps others. For that, I am sorry.

[...]

There.  That is enough of my explanatory missive. I have apologized if I have offended my peers here on HAF. I have not apologized for inventing labels for insensitive mongrels who intentionally and gleefully disturb the peace.  ..........have a nice day......
That's fine, but that's not why I am disturbed by your language.

Quote from: Icarus on September 27, 2016, 01:52:58 AM
Rap is not music! It is bleating noise made by lesser mammals.. Intelligent Rap??  Crude poetry can not masquerade as music.
You may notice, that your original statement has fuck all to do with people listening to music loudly. And if you try to stretch it that far, English will break. If I wasn't following this thread and didn't see your name attached to the posts, I would never be able to tell that your "one last statement" is talking about the first one.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Pasta Chick

Davin

Quote from: Asmodean on October 05, 2016, 07:55:49 AM

Maybe you need to look again at how the "lesser mammals" term was used:

Quote from: Icarus on September 27, 2016, 01:52:58 AM
Rap is not music! It is bleating noise made by lesser mammals.. Intelligent Rap??  Crude poetry can not masquerade as music.

As opposed to yodeling, which actually sounds like bleating, though I wouldn't call yodelers "lesser mammals."
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Kekerusey

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 05, 2016, 02:58:48 PM
Just for s&g...

Harvard's Project Implicit

I hate web pages like that ... bloody thing just kept leading me round in loops.

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Magdalena

Quote from: Kekerusey on October 05, 2016, 03:50:42 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 05, 2016, 02:58:48 PM
Just for s&g...

Harvard's Project Implicit

I hate web pages like that ... bloody thing just kept leading me round in loops.

Keke
My goodness...child!
Really!?
Hate! Hate! Hate! 
:blahblah:

Asmodean

Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2016, 02:28:33 PM
If you would like to discuss this topic, please start a: I Hate White Power Rock--thread. It stands against everything you believe, right?
I don't know if anything is against everything I believe. Too difficult to analyse; my beliefs are many and dynamic.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on October 05, 2016, 04:29:15 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2016, 02:28:33 PM
If you would like to discuss this topic, please start a: I Hate White Power Rock--thread. It stands against everything you believe, right?
I don't know if anything is against everything I believe. Too difficult to analyse; my beliefs are many and dynamic.
That's what I thought, Asmo.

Magdalena

It's gettin'
It's gettin'
It's gettin'
Kinda hectic

So let's all take a nice break... :)