Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Multi-Association Thread

Started by Kekerusey, August 25, 2016, 10:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bad Penny II

Quote from: billy rubin on April 01, 2021, 12:44:56 PM
well, that waz different.

The People Vultures will make short work of the large wooden Jesus thing.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

Recusant

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 01, 2021, 01:17:31 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on April 01, 2021, 12:44:56 PM
well, that waz different.

The "Gateshead Flasher" is made of steel. The Vultures better bring their cutting torches.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Recusant on April 02, 2021, 04:04:51 AM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 01, 2021, 01:17:31 PM

The "Gateshead Flasher" is made of steel. The Vultures better bring their cutting torches.

Na, it'd just require a different tuning of their guitars.

Icarus

Yesterday I was working in my yard.  Along the street side of my house is a low brick wall.  I happened to notice a little animal carefully walking atop the wall.  It was a juvenile racoon.  The poor little guy must have been terrified. He was out of his element. He managed to climb down a Palmetto tree that was very near the wall.  Then he hesitatingly ventured to the neighbors yard and disappeared into their back yard.

Today The same lilttle guy or one of his litter mates, appeared in my back yard.  He/she was apparently hungry or thirsty.   The little dude systematically pulled up numerous grass shoots and ate them or appeared to have eaten them.  Me the animal lover wanted to feed him whatever a racoon would like,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I do not know the situation details  of the little fellow and whether or not he might be sick or rabid.

I really do not want to encourage racoons or Opossums or whatever to invade my back yard, no matter how cute they are.  On the other hand I do not want them to starve or come to an ignominious ending.

I left him some banana segments and a dish of water in case he returned or if he survived. I will know whether he found the food tomorrow perhaps.  What foods do racoons prefer?  Probably not bananas. ............Billy  knows all about this kind of thing......Help!

Dark Lightning

Not Billy, but raccoons are omnivores. They'll eat anything you will eat, and then some. I personally would not feed them, but there is enough trash left out in our neighborhood that they are quite well-fed. Raccoons pick a place to make into their "latrine" and habitually use the same place. They carry a roundworm which you can get by turning the soil in their latrine inadvertently and inhaling the spores. I won't go into the gory details, but those worms are bad news for people.