News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Multi-Association Thread

Started by Kekerusey, August 25, 2016, 10:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

joeactor

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Mr. B

Okay, that last image immediately reminded me of a terrible racist joke that uses chemical science as a visual aid but I could not find it anywhere on the internets, So, I'm going to have to explain it.

You take a glass of water and explain that it represents a public swimming pool. You then take a pepper shaker and liberally douse the water with pepper flakes. You explain as you do this that this represents all the white and black kids swimming together in the public pool.

Then you take a dab of dish detergent on your finger and say that it is a Pollock. You say, this is what happens when a Pollock jumps into a public swimming pool and dip your finger into the glass and watch as all the black and white kids (pepper) instantly move away from the Pollock (dish detergent) and cling to the side of the pool (glass of water) trying to get out.

It's a neat little science experiment but I couldn't find the actual joke anywhere.

My upbringing was slightly sordid. Still trying to work it all out.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Recusant

— H. L. Mencken