News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Food znd drink

Started by Dave, August 10, 2016, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on October 10, 2017, 03:20:17 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 11, 2016, 04:58:57 PM
My man is from Mexico, they even put chile in their candies, and their drinks.  :maracas:

I love dark chocolate with chilli in it. Lindt is a bit tame but a small brand called Motezuma do a good one. The also do rock salt and one with an incredibly bitter dried berry in it - good taste contrasts.
I've tried just about everything with chile, but not chocolate.  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dragonia

Ooh! I wish I still had the bag for a picture, but a Mexican friend gave us some mango lollipops, coated with some kind of chili powder. They were so gross, even my kids wouldn't eat them! It was just too weird.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Magdalena

Quote from: Dragonia on October 10, 2017, 11:32:15 PM
Ooh! I wish I still had the bag for a picture, but a Mexican friend gave us some mango lollipops, coated with some kind of chili powder. They were so gross, even my kids wouldn't eat them! It was just too weird.
I've had those! My man and one of my boys love them. I don't like them too much, actually, I don't like them at all.  :-\ My man's family keep putting them in Piñatas all the time.  :lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dragonia

^^^Ha ha, it's good to know we aren't just weirdos for not liking them. I bet those are the last to be picked up after the piñata breaks  :snicker:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Magdalena

Quote from: Dragonia on October 11, 2017, 12:02:56 AM
^^^Ha ha, it's good to know we aren't just weirdos for not liking them. I bet those are the last to be picked up after the piñata breaks  :snicker:
Actually, all the kids love them.  :shifty:
There's only a few of us who don't like them...but it's OK to be one of the weirdos who don't like them too much...or at all.  :grin:

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on October 10, 2017, 10:29:23 PM
Quote from: Dave on October 10, 2017, 03:20:17 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 11, 2016, 04:58:57 PM
My man is from Mexico, they even put chile in their candies, and their drinks.  :maracas:

I love dark chocolate with chilli in it. Lindt is a bit tame but a small brand called Motezuma do a good one. The also do rock salt and one with an incredibly bitter dried berry in it - good taste contrasts.
I've tried just about everything with chile, but not chocolate.  :notsure:
One of the posh brands over here does a hot chocolate drink powder with chilli as well. Had some bought me for my birthday once. It is a bit like Tia Maria and Coke (plus Vodka for a cocktail with a now non-PC name), sounds weird but really a flavour combination that works.

Hmm, chillied Coke . . . . With vodka!

Double, hmm, I made some chilli vodka once as a culinary ingredient . . .

(The version with cinnamon and cloves went great, by the teaspoonful, in coffee.)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74