News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Best of luck to all of you!

Started by imaginaryfriendless, July 29, 2016, 11:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imaginaryfriendless

I want to express my appreciation for the arguments and discussions we had while it lasted. I enjoy debating with folks who believe things I just can't wrap my head around. I don't get upset or take anything personally, and I have a great time. Invariably, everything goes downhill to basic abuse, and everything that I enjoy fades away. I tried a very different approach here, complete openness and honesty, hoping for a different result. There are a few of you who responded well, and I appreciate you. But my presence here obviously doesn't make a lot of you happy, and since this is a place people come to share their common beliefs...I ruin the soup, if you will.

So I say goodbye, with no hard feelings on my end. Best of luck to you all!
Jamie

98% of us will die, at some point in our lives.

Asmodean

Quote from: imaginaryfriendless on July 29, 2016, 11:14:21 PM
So I say goodbye, with no hard feelings on my end. Best of luck to you all!
Likewise!

Drop by if you change your mind.  ;)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Good luck to you too.

I had so many questions regarding police brutality in the USA that only you, a former deputy sheriff from Texas, could've answered. Like, how come peace officers don't "immobilize" civilians by shooting them in the leg...if they must shoot them, instead of killing them?  :eyebrow:

Oh, well...

Ecurb Noselrub, too bad, there goes your only chance... :therethere:
imaginaryfriendless could've helped you with your little "newt" problem because he has a herpetology master's degree.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.   :wave hi:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on July 30, 2016, 01:11:09 AM
Good luck to you too.

I had so many questions regarding police brutality in the USA that only you, a former deputy sheriff from Texas, could've answered. Like, how come peace officers don't "immobilize" civilians by shooting them in the leg...if they must shoot them, instead of killing them?  :eyebrow:

Oh, well...

imaginaryfriendless could've helped you with your little "newt" problem because he has a herpetology master's degree.  :grin:

I got better.  Aromatherapy.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 30, 2016, 02:04:34 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 30, 2016, 01:11:09 AM

I got better.  Aromatherapy.

That's a temporary solution.  :smileshake:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Magdalena

Mr. B

Not like a Texan to run away from a challenge. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

I sincerely hope you eventually find a safe place where you fit in.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Mr. B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Magdalena

Dave

Neither surprised nor saddened.

Some do not know the difference between debate and diatribe.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

This and the other two threads have new homes. It's an experiment.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on July 30, 2016, 06:19:15 AM
:popcorn:

Shakers law anyone?

Does Shaker's law count if the person lurks every now and then, while not logged in? ;)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey