News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Prophecy Thread

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, June 20, 2016, 12:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Make a prophecy.  Make it far enough into the future that if it doesn't come true you'll be dead and won't be humiliated.  Make it sound important. And no rip-offs of the song "in the year 2525."

There will be hurricanes in the year 2050.  The winds will blow, the seas will rise, the sun will be blotted from the sky.  People will flee inland to escape the destruction that is coming their way.  The land will be turned into water.  Traffic will be congested, and the children in the back seat will complain, there will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth - by parents in the front seat.  Gloom, dark clouds and newsmen will cover the land. 

Tank

In the 25,418 (27,250 CE) the last human on the planet died of boredom and took voluntary euthanasia.  Fredrik Blogger was 312 years old and had been the last human alive for 16 years after the death of his partner. To be continued.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

In the Year of The Asmo 275, humanity will finally be wiped off the planet... With most of the planet's surface.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

I meant for this to be in the Laid Back Lounge, not Ask HAF.  I predict that on June 20, 2016, Tank will move it to the appropriate place.

No one

In the year 2112, rap will be eradicated as the human race finally realizes what complete and utter shit it is!

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 20, 2016, 03:46:42 PM
I meant for this to be in the Laid Back Lounge, not Ask HAF.  I predict that on June 20, 2016, Tank will move it to the appropriate place.
Ah! But it was The Asmo, is who it was. Ooh, yes.  8)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm a prophet!!!  It has come to pass, just as it was written of old.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 20, 2016, 07:52:29 PM

>:(. The lack of praising His Grayness is... Pulpable.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

In the year 2050 the Nobel peace price is given to Ali Abbas Benazi for establishing Sharia law in all former EU countries. In Islamsterdam, people celebrate this great event by throwing the last remaining gay people off buildings. Greatest sports events of that year are the Olympic stoning-, beheading- and crucifixion championships.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ali

In our year of the Lord 2123, the last living human with fully functioning hands will be born. All children there after will be born with claws perfectly adapted to permanently holding their smart phones in front of their faces. The only parts of their hands that will be fully movable will be their thumbs, for texting purposes.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Asmodean on June 20, 2016, 07:56:22 PM

>:(. The lack of praising His Grayness is... Pulpable.

But, you see, from my perspective on earth, I cannot tell which of the Titans of Heaven did what.  I only know that I prophesied, and it came to pass.  I still need to hear from Lord Tank on this question.

Asmodean

Hm!  >:( The Asmo ought to smite, see if He oughtn't.  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

:watching:

That's it, I'm a believer in prophetic powers.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Asmodean on June 20, 2016, 11:51:02 PM
Hm!  >:( The Asmo ought to smite, see if He oughtn't.  >:(

Ok, I'll back off - I don't want to be plagued with ratties.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant