News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

[Language warning] The C word.

Started by Asmodean, May 25, 2016, 08:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

I never quite understood how anyone can be offended by a word.  Words,  in and of themselves are not offensive.  It's a completely different story if someone is attacking another personally with perceived harmful words.  People tend to have extremely fragile egos. Cunt,  is not the only forbidden word that seems to instill such a sensitive and negative perception.  Faggot, nigger, kyke to name a few.

Now,  if some braindead fucktard is spewing hate filled bile that is peppered with these violating words,  that is their right.  Just as it is my right to think you are an idiot for doing so. 

Icarus

PC, I have not previously thought the term to have a misogynist sting. There are ladies and there are insufferable bitches who might well be labeled as cunts in the derogatory sense.  The term is suggestive of the feminine gender but it certainly does not apply to all women or even a small segment of the female persuasion.

Many years ago I was the batting coach for a national championship caliber women's soft ball team. We had social gatherings now and then. On one such occasion, we were playing Blackjack and I had been losing to the lesbian dealer with regularity. I had a hand that totaled twenty so I knew that I could beat her. I lost. She had twenty and the push goes to the dealer according to the rules at the time.  Having had a few too many glasses of wine, I exclaimed; "You miserable cunt!"  The whole room burst into extended laughter.  Truth be known that all of them knew that I loved and respected them. I never did live that one down. It is not really a bad word if you know and care for the one who is the brunt of the saying.

Asmodean

Quote from: Icarus on May 27, 2016, 01:44:02 AM
There are ladies and there are insufferable bitches
This right here, it just had to be quoted for truth.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on May 28, 2016, 11:13:29 PM
I can go from being a lady to an insufferable bitch in about 3.5 seconds, maybe 4.5, around there.
Can anybody else, here, beat that speed?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on May 28, 2016, 11:45:49 PM
I can go from being a lady to an insufferable bitch in about 3.5 seconds, maybe 4.5, around there.

Not me, I need to work up to both states from a blase medium.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

I can turn on a dime, but that usually involves a conscious decision. My emotions don't usually go deep enough for me to be able to switch extremes like that - there simply are no extremes to switch.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 28, 2016, 11:51:19 PM

Not me, I need to work up to both states from a blase medium.
I think that's like the "I'm warning you..." --stage. I used to go there, but I don't waste time on that anymore.
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Crow

Nope you really need to push me hard. If that happened and you didn't get the warning signs then you fucked up big time because I don't do half measures of anything. I still wont be angry though.
Retired member.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on May 28, 2016, 11:53:23 PM
I can turn on a dime, but that usually involves a conscious decision. My emotions don't usually go deep enough for me to be able to switch extremes like that - there simply are no extremes to switch.
Mine is also a conscious decision as well. I don't do it around children or old people.  :nu-uh:

I don't like me when I'm angry.  :shifty:

Magdalena

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on May 29, 2016, 12:54:07 AM
What does this mean?

That something will happen to them. Nothing violent that isn't my style.
Retired member.

Magdalena

Quote from: Crow on May 29, 2016, 12:57:27 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 29, 2016, 12:54:07 AM
What does this mean?

That something will happen to them. Nothing violent that isn't my style.
Like what?
Like hurting their feelings?
Like, knowing what their insecurities are...and you stab them there?

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on May 29, 2016, 01:00:30 AM
Like what?

Nope, hurting feelings is easy and only really works on those that wouldn't be able to push me to the kind of levels required to make me act anyway. That doesn't really do anything except hurt emotions, if I hurt peoples feelings it is often without realising. There are only four people that have ever pushed me that far, two in secondary school, one in Uni and one when I was new to the working world.
Retired member.

Magdalena

Quote from: Crow on May 29, 2016, 01:16:15 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 29, 2016, 01:00:30 AM
Like what?

Nope, hurting feelings is easy and only really works on those that wouldn't be able to push me to the kind of levels required to make me act anyway. That doesn't really do anything except hurt emotions, if I hurt peoples feelings it is often without realising. There are only four people that have ever pushed me that far, two in secondary school, one in Uni and one when I was new to the working world.
I thought this made me an insufferable bitch:
QuoteLike, knowing what their insecurities are...and you stab them there?

I guess there are levels of insufferable bitches. :sad sigh:
Here I was, bragging about how fast I could go from a to b., when what really mattered was the intensity of it.  :sad sigh:

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on May 29, 2016, 12:47:45 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on May 28, 2016, 11:53:23 PM
Mine is also a conscious decision as well. I don't do it around children or old people.  :nu-uh:

I don't like me when I'm angry.  :shifty:

I don't like me when I turn into a dick/prick/asshole/some other nether region demon.  But, we all exhibit our lower nature at time.  Wash, rinse, repeat.