News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Ve Don't Say V----- Here!

Started by Recusant, April 27, 2016, 07:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

I know this may be slightly off topic, but since it does have something to do with vaginas I thought I would post it here.

This morning one of the local radio stations played an on-air gag on this woman. They called her claiming to be from a local spa, and were informing her that her husband had made arrangements for her to receive an afternoon of treatments at the spa as a Mother's Day gift, and they were calling her to set the appointment.
At first she was extremely excited about her gift, and couldn't say enough about what a wonderful man her husband was to set this up.
They started to explain the treatment to her, which would start off with her enjoying a hot herbal tea in the relaxation room, dressed in one of their plush robes, and listening to soothing music.
After a brief stay in this room should would go into one of the private rooms were she would receive an light all-over body massage, including a facial, before they moved on to the main treatment.

She asked what the main treatment would be and they said, "A vaginal steam", and she replied," Excuse me a what? Did you say a vaginal steam"?

They confirmed and proceeded to tell her all of the benefits of the steam, and how they are all the rage and that even Gwyneth Paltrow recommends a to-do for your hoo-ha maintenance checklist, the Vaginal or V-steam.

This lady wasn't haven't any of this, and started to rail against the DJ on the call who was pretending to be from the spa, how this could be just as damaging as regular douching, and could mess up her good bacteria down there, and the heck with Gwyneth Paltrow.
As she started to get more upset the guy on the phone really started to mess with her especially when she said she didn't want the V-Steam and would rather trade it for a different treatment, with him finally saying something like, " Excuse me ma'am, but your husband specifically order this treatment, as he stated that the smells originating down there weren't too pleasant, and a V-Steam was really in order for you".

At this point she lost it, and they had to bleep out a couple words before finally letting her in on the gag, which although she sounded relieved to find out was a gag, still seemed to be somewhat pissed off at not only the guy on the radio, but especially her husband. I think if he was listening he may regret playing this gag on his wife, not sure I would want to be him when she got home that night.

I don't normally listen to these gags, but this one caught my attention. Anyway, the whole V-Steam thing is ludicrous, but it does strangely seem to be growing in popularity.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

Well, I just had to find out if this was really a thing, so I googled "vagina steam Gwyneth Paltow". Thankfully I wasn't at work, though FSM help me if I die and someone looks at my google history. Yup, this is really a thing. According to one article warning what a terrible idea this was, the same spa she recommends also has an "A-cleaning" for men (you can guess what orifice they're referring to). No thank you, I'm already full of enough hot air.
I will say that I find it a shame that these asshole DJ's played on this woman's insecurity of how her vagina smells. I've noticed a lot of women are insecure about that, which is an unfortunate form of body shaming IMO.

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 29, 2016, 02:35:02 AM
I know this may be slightly off topic, but since it does have something to do with vaginas I thought I would post it here.
Yeah, I think this may be slightly off topic, and it does have something to do with vaginas, but it's one thing to say the word, vagina, and another to smell a vagina. Maybe this can be discussed in the health thread? If I had vaginal scent issues, the doctor and my partner would be the only ones I would talk to about it.

A lot of women share their vaginal scent insecurities with just anyone?  Really? :???:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 29, 2016, 05:20:06 AM
Yeah, I think this may be slightly off topic, and it does have something to do with vaginas, but it's one thing to say the word, vagina, and another to smell a vagina. Maybe this can be discussed in the health thread? If I had vaginal scent issues, the doctor and my partner would be the only ones I would talk to about it.

A lot of women share their vaginal scent insecurities with just anyone?  Really? :???:

If you feel it best this moved to another thread, than please do so. My thought when posting my comment below wasn't to discuss vaginal scent issues, but to point out how many people ( I'm really just talking about "the Mens here") still treat it as something foreign and unknown, a subject best not talked about in the open. Most men I think don't even have a clue as to what the vagina actually is, and when you try to broach the subject with them act indifferent or even disgusted.
For every conversation I've had with men regarding women in the military and allowing them a role in armed combat (Which I wholeheartedly agree with, and have discussed widely) at some point the subject of vaginas comes up in the discussion, every single time.

Try it, mention women and be allowing ground combat roles in the military, and they'll come back and say things about vaginal discharge (Which is normal right, so what?), or you can't wade through waste high swamp water with those "V" things, the dirty water will get inside, etc...all of it based on ignorance.

Anyway I thought the radio gag which was a horrible joke to play on the air with someone in the first place, and the subject of V-Steam further proof that discussions of vaginas are still relatively taboo in our American society, and that they are still seen by many men as something dirty and broken.

Anyway I'm a guy obviously, so this may not be my place to comment in such detail, and I'm in no way trying to mansplain vaginas to women or double down on my comment below, only wanted to be clear in my attention for posting the comment in the first place.

Firebird

I didn't mean to make anyone uncomfortable there, if I did I apologize. I wasn't trying to presume anything, it was an observation on my part.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Quote from: Firebird on April 29, 2016, 03:11:08 PM

I didn't mean to make anyone uncomfortable there, if I did I apologize. I wasn't trying to presume anything, it was an observation on my part.
Are you talking to me? I'm not uncomfortable talking about about anything that has to do with a vagina. I just think some topics are private.

You said, "I've noticed a lot of women are insecure about that." You are either a gynecologist, or you've been with a lot of women who feel this way. In my whole life, I've only talked about vaginal scent once with someone who wasn't my husband or a doctor-- and it was a man who started the topic. (Well, this is the second time). Maybe it is something  men like to talk about, I don't know, I don't think it's a common topic amongst a lot women. We know vaginal scent changes due to many things, specially due to the menstrual cycle, it's no big deal.

I don't care if this conversation stays here, or it's move to the health thread, maybe some people need to talk about their vaginal scents with everyone, and others need to know,  that's fine with me.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 29, 2016, 02:06:14 PM

If you feel it best this moved to another thread, than please do so. My thought when posting my comment below wasn't to discuss vaginal scent issues, but to point out how many people ( I'm really just talking about "the Mens here") still treat it as something foreign and unknown, a subject best not talked about in the open. Most men I think don't even have a clue as to what the vagina actually is, and when you try to broach the subject with them act indifferent or even disgusted.
For every conversation I've had with men regarding women in the military and allowing them a role in armed combat (Which I wholeheartedly agree with, and have discussed widely) at some point the subject of vaginas comes up in the discussion, every single time.

Try it, mention women and be allowing ground combat roles in the military, and they'll come back and say things about vaginal discharge (Which is normal right, so what?), or you can't wade through waste high swamp water with those "V" things, the dirty water will get inside, etc...all of it based on ignorance.

Anyway I thought the radio gag which was a horrible joke to play on the air with someone in the first place, and the subject of V-Steam further proof that discussions of vaginas are still relatively taboo in our American society, and that they are still seen by many men as something dirty and broken.

Anyway I'm a guy obviously, so this may not be my place to comment in such detail, and I'm in no way trying to mansplain vaginas to women or double down on my comment below, only wanted to be clear in my attention for posting the comment in the first place.
QuoteMost men I think don't even have a clue as to what the vagina actually
Some women don't have a clue as to what the vagina actually is, either.  ;D
I guess men are curious about it and we should talk about it more.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 29, 2016, 04:54:26 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 29, 2016, 02:06:14 PM

QuoteMost men I think don't even have a clue as to what the vagina actually
Some women don't have a clue as to what the vagina actually is, either.  ;D
I guess men are curious about it and we should talk about it more.

How about that NFL draft yesterday, pretty exciting stuff wasn't it?
What do ya think Mags, will Connor Cook from MSU go first in the 2nd round picks today?

Magdalena

:lol:
I don't know, Bruno, that's something you should discuss only with someone who loves you very much.

Magdalena

Pasta Chick

I would beyond pissed off about the radio joke. Way crossing a line on the DJs part. I generally hate that type of joke, though, as it relies on getting someone mad or upset which just isn't funny to me.

I personally don't feel any particular insecurities about my vagina - anyone worried about (or willing to give grief about) the smell has clearly never smelled a pair of balls at the end of the day. But I wouldn't bring it up, because it will invariably be met by snickers and jokes about tuna, which is just aggravating.

Magdalena

Quote from: Pasta Chick on April 29, 2016, 05:47:25 PM
I would beyond pissed off about the radio joke. Way crossing a line on the DJs part. I generally hate that type of joke, though, as it relies on getting someone mad or upset which just isn't funny to me.

I personally don't feel any particular insecurities about my vagina - anyone worried about (or willing to give grief about) the smell has clearly never smelled a pair of balls at the end of the day. But I wouldn't bring it up, because it will invariably be met by snickers and jokes about tuna, which is just aggravating.
That's exactly what the conversation was about with this guy I told you about--fish smelling vaginas.  ::) I said to him, "I don't know who you're sleeping with, but not all women's vagina smells like fish, if her vagina smells like fish she probably has an infection." He remained quiet for a second, thinking about it.

Ecurb Noselrub

I move that we discuss the aroma of orchids, instead.  Wonderful floral bouquet, rich nose, light finish.

No one

Since we have now moved on to flowers,  I must say,  watching a woman plant tulips is a beautiful thing.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on April 29, 2016, 08:16:04 PM
Since we have now moved on to flowers,  I must say,  watching a woman plant tulips is a beautiful thing.
:tellmemore: