News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Anybody know anything about cars? (PT Cruiser Trouble)

Started by Arturo, April 24, 2016, 01:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Apathy, how long is it gonna take to fix your car?

When are you coming back?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

So yeah the reason I haven't been back is because I didn't want to lay out my the problems and what I did to fix them. But I'm back because it's been too long so I am going to end up writing that list. How are you?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

I'm fine, thank you for asking. I wanted to make sure you were still around, that's all...you know, talk about the weather, Pahu, etc.

I'll just sit here and wait until you finish writing your list.  :grin:

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

No one

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Apathy on May 12, 2016, 02:58:14 AM
I don't actually know who Pahu is... :shifty:
No one does.  :smileshake:
I don't mean, No one does, I mean no one does.
He is a mystery.  :sherlock2:

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on May 12, 2016, 04:12:36 AM
Quote from: Apathy on May 12, 2016, 02:58:14 AM
I don't actually know who Pahu is... :shifty:
No one does.  :smileshake:
I don't mean, No one does, I mean no one does.
He is a mystery.  :sherlock2:

Well gang, it looks like :mysterious:

Do we know anything about him?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Recusant

Quote from: No one on May 12, 2016, 03:02:08 AM
The resident asshat.

I'm no fan of Pahu, but he's a member in good standing, for now. Calling a fellow member negative names can result in warnings from the staff. Please keep that in mind.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

Quote from: Apathy on May 12, 2016, 04:28:49 AMDo we know anything about him?

He's been around the net for several years, doing the same thing he's doing here. I've seen him engage in very limited discussion once in a while, but it's not common. There are some indications that English is not his first language, but I'm not positive about that.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

Quote from: jumbojak on May 03, 2016, 05:23:32 AM
Lay out the problems you had along with what you did to fix them in order. You didn't mention replacing the thermostat before and it could be something as simple as having it installed upside down in the housing (either the thermostat or the seal) leading to it not being able to open properly. That's the sort of simple thing that could lead to overheating. This will help you collect your own thoughts too.

Also, it was just the oil light? No other indicators turned on that would normally light up with the key in the on position before starting the vehicle? That usually happens when a car stalls. And you can't either rent or borrow a scanner? There are sooooooooo many system malfunctions that could lead to stalling it'd be very difficult to pin anything down without some help from the ECU. You can shotgun parts at a modern car for a long time before fixing the real problem.

Ok so to fix the over heating problem we did several things:

• replaced the radiator
  • replace the thermostat
  • replace the water pump

To fix the power steering we did these:

• Add steering fluid
  • replace the power steering pump

Also there is problem with the air conditioning and the interior heat so we did this:

• Replace the serpentine belt

Also just to recap what's been said so far, the water pump came with a new timing belt so the old one was replaced as well, and now the car putters and stalls. Also yes, the only thing that lights up is the oil light when it stalls.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

Just a thought, is the crank position sensor located where it could have been damaged while the timing belt was changed? Some are right around the crank pulley while others operate off the flywheel. That might explain the problems you are having; the cps isn't working properly which causes the engine to stall; a cps can fail without turning on the check engine light; the oil light flashes when the engine stalls and oil pressure drops.

Like I said, it's just a thought.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Quote from: jumbojak on May 24, 2016, 01:08:04 AM
Just a thought, is the crank position sensor located where it could have been damaged while the timing belt was changed? Some are right around the crank pulley while others operate off the flywheel. That might explain the problems you are having; the cps isn't working properly which causes the engine to stall; a cps can fail without turning on the check engine light; the oil light flashes when the engine stalls and oil pressure drops.

Like I said, it's just a thought.

No idea but I'll check though. Chances are my Dad left me alone on this one so it may take an exaggerated amount of time to even check. And I'm trying to get a job in landscaping so that will make things take even longer.
     Arturo The1  リ壱