News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

30 Day Long Film Now Has A 7+ Hour Trailer

Started by joeactor, April 19, 2016, 08:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Just in case you're not up for watching a 30 day long movie, you can now just watch the 7+ hour trailer to see if you're interested.

Trailer: https://vimeo.com/160627722

Movie Info: http://www.thelongestfilm.com/

xSilverPhinx

Perfect for people with the attention span of a goldfish, like me.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

Biggus Dickus

I got through about 7 minutes of the trailer, felt like I was reviewing a security tape.

Longest film I ever watched was "Shoah" by Claude Lanzmann. . One of the theaters here in Detroit had a special viewing right after it was released here in the US. The viewing was spread out over two days, as the total length of the film was just over 9 hours.

I was about 20 years old, and the film was very impactful on me at the time. Viewing it made me feel like a witness to the horrible events that had occurred, I remember thinking that everyone should see it.

It was while discussing this film with my father that he opened up with me about some of his experiences during WWII, and how horrific the conditions were in one camp his unit came upon in Poland.
He said they first learned of the camp when they came across a few survivors of the camps wandering on the roads. As my father spoke some polish he was called to help translate.

He commented that out of all of the horrors of the war those were the most difficult for him to try and forget. He said he would never, ever forget the man he talked to on that road that day, a living corpse is how he described it.

He wouldn't say much more.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 20, 2016, 03:23:21 PM
I got through about 7 minutes of the trailer, felt like I was reviewing a security tape.

Longest film I ever watched was "Shoah" by Claude Lanzmann. . One of the theaters here in Detroit had a special viewing right after it was released here in the US. The viewing was spread out over two days, as the total length of the film was just over 9 hours.

I was about 20 years old, and the film was very impactful on me at the time. Viewing it made me feel like a witness to the horrible events that had occurred, I remember thinking that everyone should see it.

It was while discussing this film with my father that he opened up with me about some of his experiences during WWII, and how horrific the conditions were in one camp his unit came upon in Poland.
He said they first learned of the camp when they came across a few survivors of the camps wandering on the roads. As my father spoke some polish he was called to help translate.

He commented that out of all of the horrors of the war those were the most difficult for him to try and forget. He said he would never, ever forget the man he talked to on that road that day, a living corpse is how he described it.

He wouldn't say much more.

Interesting what can stir memories, both good and bad.

My father was in Italy during WWII. He also didn't talk about it much. It must have been a horrific experience to say the least. He was a quiet man overall, but I always wondered how he was before the war.