News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Hellooo everyone

Started by Arturo, April 02, 2016, 01:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

It's a kat, which is the best avatar one can have. BTW, wasn't PC supposed to pick out an avatar for you?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 02, 2016, 06:58:29 PM
It's a kat, which is the best avatar one can have. BTW, wasn't PC supposed to pick out an avatar for you?

Well up until you posted this reminder I had hoped the wonderful, talented, extremely beautiful, wickedly smart and most awesomeness sled driver in the whole world had forgot.

My hope is she doesn't see this.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Quote from: Tank on April 02, 2016, 06:02:41 PM
Quote from: Apathy on April 02, 2016, 05:03:53 PM
Thank you all for the welcomes. I can see you're all much more relaxed then I thought. Nice.
I have to ask out of simple curiosity but what did you expect? I'm really intrigued.

I was expecting a lot of trolls and very grumpy people. I don't know many atheists and have heard ghost stories. Although, I see some nice ones online on YouTube so that tells a very different story. What brought me to that idea was reading the rules about being angry when posting, so I expected that, which I haven't found yet.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Well, we are the Happy Atheist Forum and we like it like that.  :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Nam

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 02, 2016, 06:23:02 PM
Thank you all for the welcomes. I can see you're all much more relaxed then I thought. Nice.
I have to ask out of simple curiosity but what did you expect? I'm really intrigued.

Poor guy was probably a little scared. I mean, I know I can be intimidating sometimes.

;D

Plus my assholishness hasn't come out yet. I blame all youse people.

;)

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

Magdalena

^^^
Yeah, that's true.
You came in here like this:

What happened, Man?
I mean...
What happened, Nam...?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Nam

I don't see nothing in that pic.

-Nam

Magdalena

You don't see nothing in that pic?  :(
It's a proud chest-thumping King Kong.
That's how I saw you when you came here, but not anymore.  :smileshake:

Siz

Quote from: Nam on April 03, 2016, 04:18:31 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 02, 2016, 06:23:02 PM

Poor guy was probably a little scared. I mean, I know I can be intimidating sometimes.

;D

Plus my assholishness hasn't come out yet. I blame all youse people.

;)

-Nam

Yeah, I had high hopes for you, Nam. You promised so much and delivered so little. My hypothesis is that you are, in fact, just as 'nice' as everyone else. So disappointed!

Hello Apathy.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Quote from: Apathy on April 02, 2016, 10:43:43 PM

I was expecting a lot of trolls and very grumpy people. I don't know many atheists and have heard ghost stories. Although, I see some nice ones online on YouTube so that tells a very different story. What brought me to that idea was reading the rules about being angry when posting, so I expected that, which I haven't found yet.

I don't think you'll find any really nasty people here. Trolls get the boot as soon as enough of the staff agree they're a troll.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Nam

Quote from: Magdalena on April 03, 2016, 06:43:42 AM
You don't see nothing in that pic?  :(
It's a proud chest-thumping King Kong.
That's how I saw you when you came here, but not anymore.  :smileshake:

You'd see it if you people weren't so happy all the time...and there were theists here. Or just anyone to argue with.

-Nam

Icarus

Welcome to the forum Apathy. Please excuse my peers here. They are on a weekend clown session.  We do have fun here even though we are labeled by the masses as bad guys. Hang around and you will see that we all care for one another, we are not flaming militants or mass murderers, We are just a bunch of fairly intelligent people who talk to each other about damned near anything.  Incidentally, we have a few members who are far more than "fairly" intelligent. You will get to know them and probably like them.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on April 04, 2016, 04:11:55 AM
Welcome to the forum Apathy. Please excuse my peers here. They are on a weekend clown session.  We do have fun here even though we are labeled by the masses as bad guys. Hang around and you will see that we all care for one another, we are not flaming militants or mass murderers, We are just a bunch of fairly intelligent people who talk to each other about damned near anything.  Incidentally, we have a few members who are far more than "fairly" intelligent. You will get to know them and probably like them.
A weekend?  :???:
It's more like an eternal clown session.  ;D

Nam

We're the Insane Clown Posse. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

-Nam

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.