News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Biggus Dickus, March 08, 2016, 10:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

The war would never have happened if I was President: D.J. Trump :snicker:

Tom62

Quote from: Icarus on March 14, 2022, 03:53:14 AM
The war would never have happened if I was President: D.J. Trump :snicker:

A very narcissistic claim indeed but lots of seemingly crazy stuff that Trump said, turned out to be true. Trump was perceived internationally as an unpredictable, unconventional, potentially dangerous and crazy president. Not to be fooled around with. Biden on the other hand is regarded as a weak, old, senile, naive, corrupt and incompetent moron.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

putin didnt need to go war. trump was giving him most of what he wanted in ukraine.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tom62

Quote from: billy rubin on March 14, 2022, 10:59:20 AM
putin didnt need to go war. trump was giving him most of what he wanted in ukraine.

Putin dreams of recreating the USSR. First step was annexing Crimea under  Obama/Biden, then waited till Biden became president and now he continues annexing the Ukraine. Seems to me that Trump cannot be blamed for the failures of Democratic presidents.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dark Lightning

What nonsense. Putin is doing the invading. Neither Biden nor Obama have anything to do with it.

Biggus Dickus

Did you hear about this?

Did you all know that half of low-paid workers in the UK are given less than a week's notice of their shifts, according to a study highlighting an "insecurity premium" for employees paid close to the minimum wage.
The Living Wage Foundation said 50% of people earning less than £9.90 an hour around the UK or £11.05 in London were told details of their work schedules with less than seven days before they were due to begin.
Lower-paid workers were therefore more likely to pay a financial price – an "insecurity premium" – because of the added costs of childcare and travel when shifts were cancelled or changed at short notice.

Thanks a lot Obama!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Biden may not be the senile old fool that you think he is.  Biden continues to say that we do not want a nuclear war with Russia or anyone else.  He has also affirmed, repeatedly, that if the Russians set foot on any NATO nation's soil, think Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, the war has begun.

Is it possible that the seasoned, old, weak, and senile president may be lowballing the crazy man in the kremlin? 

Putin knows damned well that we have Tactical nukes too. We also have ICBM nukes. We also have the NATO nations behind us.  Not inconsequentially, we have the largest and best equipped fighting force in the world. In addition, our famously divided congress has miraculously come together with a posture that is militant.  Even our peaceful Morman senator Romney, has loudly urged: send the  MIGS.

I am not the only Angry American who does not wish to endure the sacrifices of human and treasure that war will bring. I am certainly not the only American who is emotionally crushed by the senseless destruction of Ukrainian schools, hospitals, homes, apartment buildings, museums, roads, bridges, utility facilities, airfields............and human beings that we are seeing.

I am waiting to exhale.  I am a very old guy who does have much to lose if a terrible war breaks out. I am surely nearing the end of my life so what does it matter to me? Well, it matters a hell of a lot to me. Those are real people out there who are being tortured by fear and hunger and cold. How would Ukrainians' be able to afford to rebuild from all that destruction?  How long would it take to restore a civilized nation to it's former self?  How long will it take to recover from the vaporization of our Pentagon or their Kremlin?  A hundred years, A thousand years?

Biden is not stupid. I pray to the God that I do not believe in, that this humanitarian crisis can be resolved with some degree of wisdom.

Ecurb Noselrub

Agreed. Biden is faced with a very difficult task, but he knows his first obligation is to keep us safe. He had to repair the damage done to NATO by Trump, and then unite them against the Russian aggressor. He has done a good job in that department. NATO has kept us safe for over 70 years, and Biden knows that it is our best assurance of standing against a country that has a long history of expansionism. We would all love to see Putin go down in flames, but sanctions and provision of arms and money to Ukraine is as far as we can go. If we try to create a no-fly zone will come into direct contact with Russian planes, and that could easily lead to nuclear escalation. Nobody wants that.

Biggus Dickus

"A wonderful gift may not be wrapped as you expect."
― Jonathan Lockwood Huie

"You are most powerful when you are most silent. People never expect silence. They expect words, motion, defense, offense, back and forth. They expect to leap into the fray. They are ready, fists up, words hanging leaping from their mouths. Silence? No."
― Alison McGhee, All Rivers Flow To The Sea

I have often noticed that we are inclined to endow our friends with the stability of type that literary characters acquire in the reader's mind. [...] Whatever evolution this or that popular character has gone through between the book covers, his fate is fixed in our minds, and, similarly, we expect our friends to follow this or that logical and conventional pattern we have fixed for them. Thus X will never compose the immortal music that would clash with the second-rate symphonies he has accustomed us to. Y will never commit murder. Under no circumstances can Z ever betray us. We have it all arranged in our minds, and the less often we see a particular person, the more satisfying it is to check how obediently he conforms to our notion of him every time we hear of him. Any deviation in the fates we have ordained would strike us as not only anomalous but unethical. We could prefer not to have known at all our neighbor, the retired hot-dog stand operator, if it turns out he has just produced the greatest book of poetry his age has seen."
― Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Biggus Dickus

A sickness known as hate. Not a virus, not a microbe, not a germ—but a sickness nonetheless, highly contagious, deadly in its effects. Don't look for it in the Twilight Zone—look for it in a mirror. Look for it before the light goes out altogether.

~Rod Serling~

No one

Papasito Bruno:
Penis penis penis penis penis

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: No one on April 09, 2022, 08:41:53 PM
Papasito Bruno:
Penis penis penis penis penis

;D

阴茎 阴茎 阴茎 阴茎 阴茎

Magdalena

QuoteIf you a scared motherfucker go to church.
--Ice Cube.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Raps 247:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and educate you sexist, prejudice pricks. And I'm all out of bubble gum!

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on August 06, 2022, 10:14:02 PMRaps 247:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and educate you sexist, prejudice pricks. And I'm all out of bubble gum!
I don't know what this means. I'm sorry.

Wait.
Is this something Jesus said?
:notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant