News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Biggus Dickus, March 08, 2016, 10:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: No one on December 31, 2019, 10:55:31 PM
Aristotle:
The human brain is like a car with a stick, not everyone knows how to use it.

I do have to ask- who taught that car how to use that stick!? And how did it transfer that knowledge to us? :???:

No one

Abraham Jefferson, the eleventeenth president. Abraham had detailed knowledge of the Transfer Case of the Covenant.

Anne D.

'This be the verse'

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.

Philip Larkin

Biggus Dickus

This quote by my favorite author seems fitting these days.

"All war is a symptom of man's failure as a thinking animal". - John Steinbeck
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

"You know enough about a subject to believe that you are right, but not enough about the subject to know that you are wrong": Neil DeGrasse Tyson

That is the long way of saying: " A little knowledge is dangerous".

Magdalena

"Stephen Miller is such a deplorable human being. Like Voldemort and Mr. Burns had a baby."
(~Some guy on the internet.)
:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

I don't know who those people are, but I am a fan of the Steve Miller Band.

Recusant

Egad. I suggest spoilering any further images of Mr Miller.  :maskwink:

"Reputation is the aggregation of ideas that have swarmed your body. Reputation is a list of your chronic afflictions."

— Nadia Eghbal
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

"If we take a knee, they're mad. If we speak up like I do, they're mad. If we protest like Martin Luther King Jr. taught us to do, they're mad. What is it that they expect us to do when police keep killing us?"
--Maxine Waters

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

"Stop that you little shit!"

Every dog owner.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on April 29, 2021, 07:34:39 PM

Every dog owner.

And cheeky parrot owner.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Every dog owner.

And a couple when they start to hate each other.

Randy

Quote from: Magdalena on April 30, 2021, 05:08:11 AM

Every dog owner.

And a couple when they start to hate each other.
How true and probably several other choice statements. :grin:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tom62

Conservatives consider liberals well-intentioned, but misguided. Liberals consider conservatives not only wrong, but really, really bad people.
--Larry Elder
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein