News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

How to add an image to your posts.

Started by Tank, May 16, 2011, 10:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

I will post some pix as time goes by.  My pictures will be primitive compared to the brilliant photographs that some of our HAFers share.  I will use (try to use) pix to illustrate some sort of idea only. 

Oddly, in the past dark ages, I was a photography enthusiast with a good darkroom and have spent a lot of time with film.  The new digital method is light years ahead of anything that I might have done with film.  Oh well I still have some decent, for its day, 35 mm cameras and lens and filters and all that kind of now useless goodies.  I need that stuff like I need a paper ass.

My area of interest was mostly in high contrast B&W.  I was disappointed to learn that Ansel Adams I ain't. What the hell, I even had a huge view camera and a big 4x5 Speed Graphic. My damned I phone can now take better pictures.  All that was fun while it lasted.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on May 12, 2020, 02:09:34 AM
I will post some pix as time goes by.  My pictures will be primitive compared to the brilliant photographs that some of our HAFers share.  I will use (try to use) pix to illustrate some sort of idea only. 

Oddly, in the past dark ages, I was a photography enthusiast with a good darkroom and have spent a lot of time with film.  The new digital method is light years ahead of anything that I might have done with film.  Oh well I still have some decent, for its day, 35 mm cameras and lens and filters and all that kind of now useless goodies.  I need that stuff like I need a paper ass.

My area of interest was mostly in high contrast B&W.  I was disappointed to learn that Ansel Adams I ain't. What the hell, I even had a huge view camera and a big 4x5 Speed Graphic. My damned I phone can now take better pictures.  All that was fun while it lasted.

Every picture has worth. It captures a story and tells a story of the person behind the camera. Can't wait to see more  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on May 12, 2020, 02:09:34 AM

I did the same, Icarus. Yes, one of the people I tried to emulate was indeed the great Ansel Adams; I even adopted his Zone System, as I am sure you did as well, but to no avail! I remained a bumbling amateur.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

Help!  I am trying to learn to post photos from my IPhone using Imageshack.  I know how to upload to the server, but I can't get the hang of copying the URL on the uploaded photo so I am post it on the forum.  It has a bunch of numbers, and then it goes to ..., meaning there are more numbers, but I can seem to get to those numbers to copy them.  Without that, I don't have the whole URL.  Anybody use Imageshack with an IPhone?