News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

MOVIE SHORTS

Started by Biggus Dickus, February 06, 2016, 03:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

I couldn't find the original thread so I'm starting a new one.

Enjoy.

It's more of a comedy sketch, but I figure it's too long for the regular YouTube thread.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

I liked it Bruno. A little mirth is often needed.

Sandra Craft

Oh god, that reminded me so much of design meetings at work!  I'm so happy to be retired -- I will always be happy to be retired!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Icarus on February 13, 2016, 04:29:43 AM
I liked it Bruno. A little mirth is often needed.
Glad you enjoyed it Icarus...

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 13, 2016, 05:02:02 AM
Oh god, that reminded me so much of design meetings at work!  I'm so happy to be retired -- I will always be happy to be retired!

I'm not a fan of meetings either, but conference calls which are much more common now seem to cut out the BS of regular meetings and only last as long as they need to...I can even imagine what it would be like to be retired. Seems so far away. Glad you are happy Books.

This next one is quite good...has a nice twist to it, but don't read the comments while you watch as they may give away the ending.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

A perspective by Alex Jenkins.

Reminds me a bit of my Dad.

Biggus Dickus

"Chateau de Sable (Sand Castle) Short Film" by ESMA. Or maybe, adventures at the beach, and the wonders of imagination.

This short takes me back to the countless battles which took place in the confines of my childhood sandbox, with terrible sand creatures and heroic green army men.

Enjoy...

Biggus Dickus

2016 Oscar-Winning Short: "Stutterer"

Communication, like love, is never easy.

P.S. If you can't view this is certain countries try using a VPN or DNS tunneling.

Arturo

I have two to add to that. Slightly nerdy, one more than the other. Enjoy:

Severus Snape and the Marauders - A Harry Potter Fan Film

Power Rangers Unauthorized [Bootleg Universe]
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

This is documentary called, "Take Me To Pitcairn", though I think of it less of a documentary and more of a travelogue, but either way it's enjoyable, and worth watching.

Here's the description note from YouTube:

QuoteSeduced by tales of endurance, villainy and adventure, one man attempts to re-trace the romantic voyages of the most infamous fugitives in British naval history. However, he soon discovers he is not alone on an emotional quest to reach one of the most remote islands in the world. www.takemetopitcairn.com
Take Me To Pitcairn was directed, filmed and presented by Julian McDonnell. Anyone interested in the Mutiny on the Bounty MUST see this.

I don't imagine I need to explain to anyone on this site the historical significance of Pitcairn Island. However; I was surprised when my son came home from his job this evening, and ask me what I was watching.

After I told him the name he said, "What's Pitcairn Island"?

I said you know the island the mutineers off the HMS Bounty sailed to after taking over the ship and casting Captain Bligh adrift, and he said, "Who, What"?

I had to explain the entire history of the Bounty to him, but I believe I may have piqued his interest some as he has agreed to watch the 1962 version of the movie with me. The one with Brando.

Please enjoy, it's not bad for a self made home movie.'

Davin

That's a good one. I was (and still am, honestly), only a little aware of what happened with the H.M.S. Bounty.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

Bligh was the 4th governor of NSW,
Macquarie was the fifth and did establish a penal settlement that bears his name where I do live.
Bligh suffered another mutiny as governor, not because he was cruel, he crossed vested connected interests trying to put things to right.
Macquarie came with own troops and sorted things.
Depicting Bligh as the epitome of the tyrannical captain is questionable.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

This was interesting, not the best acted short, but worth watching...

Tricko (The T-Shirt)

Magdalena

This one is for xSilverPhinx.
With love, from me, to you.  :grin:
:hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant