News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Stalin and Mao's Poop

Started by joeactor, January 29, 2016, 09:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

QuoteA former Soviet agent says he has found evidence that Joseph Stalin spied on Mao Zedong, among others, by analysing excrement to construct psychological portraits.
By the sound of things, it was a top secret and rather smelly experiment.
According to Russian newspaper reports, in the 1940s Stalin's secret police had set up a special department to get its hands on people's faeces.
The ambitious aim: to analyse samples of foreign leaders' stools.
In other words, espionage via excrement.

Full article:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35427926

Recusant

Man, that story's a kee-- well, you know what I mean. Thanks, joeactor:sidesmile:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on January 30, 2016, 12:29:12 AM
Man, that story's a kee-- well, you know what I mean. Thanks, joeactor:sidesmile:

Yeah... heard it on NPR first, then looked up the source.
Sheesh!

Biggus Dickus

I remember hearing rumors before the wall came down of a Soviet Secret Poolice, but I understand the intelligent community never took it seriously.

Wasn't there even a James Bond Movie about this, the Spy Who Dumped on Me?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 30, 2016, 02:44:10 AM
I remember hearing rumors before the wall came down of a Soviet Secret Poolice, but I understand the intelligent community never took it seriously.

Wasn't there even a James Bond Movie about this, the Spy Who Dumped on Me?

The Secret Poolice were imprisoned, butt were recently seen going over the wall...

xSilverPhinx

:rofl:

Quote...by analysing excrement to construct psychological portraits.

Did he assume Mao had shit for brains?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

chimp3

I doubt it!