News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

The Art and things we've made thread...

Started by Claireliontamer, January 28, 2016, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

Persuasion is an art that I have never quite grasped.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

Artistry is simply saying yes to something.

The Magic Pudding.

Bullshiting is delivering the words the world needs at that moment.

MarcusA

hermes2015

A 300mm diameter split concrete sphere with stainless steel elements. Although the concrete shell is hollow and the walls are only 15mm thick, the piece weighs in at 13kg.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Very Death Star. A lovely juxtaposition of shape, line, texture and lack of colour.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Thank you, Tank. One of the goals was to show the contrast between shiny stainless steel and raw, brutal concrete.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 15, 2023, 12:38:49 PMThank you, Tank. One of the goals was to show the contrast between shiny stainless steel and raw, brutal concrete.

Goal achieved.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MarcusA

billy rubin

why did you make it round, and not some other shspe?

i stil cant figure out creativity

set the function, not the mechanism.

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on June 15, 2023, 11:28:10 PMwhy did you make it round, and not some other shspe?

It's a concrete bubble, billy.

billy rubin

i dont understand art and creativity. its two parts. motivation and choice of expressio n.

im including materials in with expression.

why do people create? what attacts them to some particular medium?

why a haiku and not concrete and vise versa

set the function, not the mechanism.

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on June 16, 2023, 02:35:15 AMi dont understand art and creativity. its two parts. motivation and choice of expressio n.

im including materials in with expression.

why do people create? what attacts them to some particular medium?

why a haiku and not concrete and vise versa

I write haiku poems and concrete poems of very few words - whatever gets my rocks off at the time - as long as the thought behind them is not a bubble, as long as they are understood.

hermes2015

Quote from: MarcusA on June 15, 2023, 10:54:33 PMDoes Brutalism function as art?

Yes, it's been around for a long time. The movement or style is usually called by the French name Art Brut. Here is an in-depth discussion.

https://www.theartstory.org/movement/art-brut-and-outsider-art/
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on June 15, 2023, 11:28:10 PMwhy did you make it round, and not some other shspe?

I don't know, I guess because it looked right to me in this piece. If I could articulate it, I suppose I could have written a poem. I am, in fact thinking of other pieces where perhaps vertical slabs are linked by filaments.
― Charles Eames